• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I'll jump on the bandwagon. Awesome guns, but just didn't fit well. What I settled on was the Walther PPQ. I believe a Glock designer or engineer went to Walther and helped develop the guts, so the mechanics are very Glock-like but ergonomics is amazing. I also believe the trigger is a bit better with a much shorter reset (.1" if I'm not mistaken). I couldn't be happier. But I will admit that if the Glock ergonomics was better I would've bought that on reputation alone. Good luck in your search.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Yea the ergonomics of the grips on Glocks are awful, while I normally carry a Sig P226 I do still occasionally have to carry a G17, however I have a piece of bicycle inner tube stretched around my G17's grip which seems to help w/the awful Glock ergonomics somewhat.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    so again,am I the only one?
    I have heard of two others, one in Kansas, one in Vermont.

If a gun does not fit, looks too ugly to own or is just not what you want screw it. If you have to work hard at it, then it is not love. There is too much psychology involved in shooting to have to over come the feel of the gun in your hand or in your mind. Move on, don't look back. It's ok.

For me, I picked up a Glock nailed the hell out of everything in front of me and it was love.

If you fish it is the same as what fishermen call confidence baits or lures.
    You gotts ta have it!

wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    I have to agree with a couple of other posts. I owned a G23 and at the time I loved it. Shot great, very reliable weapon. However, once the XD was introduced, I found it to be much more comfortable in my hand. I now own the compact and sub-compact XD in .40. I am not, nor will I ever, bash the Glocks. Great weapons, just not as comfortable to me as the XD

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I've bought a lot of guns just to see what I liked, I bought a S&W M&P 45, out of all of the semi-auto's I've owned, the M&P felt the most natural in my hand. I'm not declaring that the M&P is the best auto or even better than a Glock, but S&W did good with the ergonomics of the M&P.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I am in the same club. XDs just fit better. Nothing wrond with the Glocks. I have owned 17,19,23,22, and 21sf. All functioned well, just did not fit.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I owned 2 Glocks. My EDC was a Glock 19 for a long time. I wasn't as accurate with it as I liked, but I felt like it was something I just needed to work harder for.

Then I shot another member's EDC. A M&P 9 compact. I found I could hit near anything I aimed at.

Sold one of my Glocks that same evening. The following day I bought a M&P9c. Been my EDC ever since. I still love my Glock 19, and won't sell it. But I do want another M&P though.

And I'd love to be able to try out an XD.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I owned 2 Glocks. My EDC was a Glock 19 for a long time. I wasn't as accurate with it as I liked, but I felt like it was something I just needed to work harder for.

Then I shot another member's EDC. A M&P 9 compact. I found I could hit near anything I aimed at.

Sold one of my Glocks that same evening. The following day I bought a M&P9c. Been my EDC ever since. I still love my Glock 19, and won't sell it. But I do want another M&P though.

And I'd love to be able to try out an XD.

There's likely an XD9 closer to you, but if not, you're welcome to drive to Grant County and shoot the one I have.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm glad to see this thread. I was beginning to think I was the only one with a birth defect. I'm sure all of my shooting buddies talk about me when I'm not there.

Simply said, the Glock just does not feel comfortable in hand. However, just about everything else does.:rockwoot:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I like my Glocks, big and small. I also like XDM's, M&P', and lots of others. I love the way a 1911 feels in my hand. I usually carry a Glock and I doubt I change that, it's easy to hide and I shoot it well. But, there are plenty of options out there for everybody else!

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    You are not alone. Glocks do not feel right in my hand. Can shoot them accurately, however just not for me. Personal preference has ruled out other manufacturers products also. HK45 is one of the smoothest, easiest to shoot pistols ever to be in my hand. Sure there are those that do not like it. Isn't freedom of choice great?

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    :): My G19 fits me just fine! Guess I'm Just lucky
    Whether it's luck or not,I can't say....but you are one of many that Glock fits,and that's a beautiful thing! I started this thread after reading yet another post by someone extolling the virtues of their Glock __(insert model here), and my brain posed the question"Am I the only one who doesn't fit a Glock?" I am glad to know I'm not the only one, but mildly saddened that they don't work well for me. As stated at the beginning, I like Glocks I think they're great guns,but I am glad that we live in a country where we have many,many options to fit shooters like me:rockwoot:such as the XDs,M&Ps, my Millennium Pro, and the 24/7 to name a few. To all who fit/own/shoot/love Glocks....ROCK ON!(or should it be GLOCK ON? LOL) I will celebrate your love of the Glock even though it's not for me,as I shoot/own/fall in love with some other brand. Is this a great country or what:D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Top Bottom