Am I Vulgar for not wanting men in woman's bathrooms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Seeing if I get banned for this here at INGO……?
    I was on another forum and a guy said nothing should be wrong with both genders using bathroom at same time, they do in other countries now and anyone thinking otherwise has too much space in there head……I commented that those kind of people open the door to those child molesters who could enter without drawing attention to themselves then prey on victims, this just happened in the news in Canada where its legal for "men" to use woman's bathroom…..Law enforcement has a tough enough time with molesters….lets not make their jobs any harder. Well the mod lost his ever loving mind and closed the thread and said for ME to never do that again, that I was almost banned !!!!! Others had made their concerns known also….but my mention why not was in his words…"Vulgar" and then started his own thread without showing my words saying "how Vulgar….think george carlin…and how he had to stop a forum meltdown……".All I can think of is what type of man thinks what I said was so vulgar….? Wow….and it was in their off topic section……scary stuff.

13055539_1544474589189824_3264810361250389933_n.jpg

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I am with you on this one. I will never let a man share the bathroom while my granddaughter is in there. They can arrest if they wish. They can call me vulgar and insensitive, but it won't happen. I have no issue with "unisex" rest rooms, as long as it is one occupant at a time.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Vulgar? Hell no.

The fact that this is where we are in our collective thinking makes me angry. I'm open to accepting that I'm getting old and have different values from many of the latest adult generation. ON this topic though, I can't get past the obvious wrong that should just be as clear as day.

The rate at which we descend to the bottom seems to be increasing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Saying I might get in a jackpot assisting a tranny out of the restroom occupied by my spouse or grand daughters is a given. No question.
    The real issue is how to get my daughter out of jail for what she would do in this instance. Pity the whack job that crosses her trail in the wrong "Room" especially if the terrorists are there with her. (See avatar)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If the child is not old enough to raise a hue and cry if faced with a molester, why is that child in the restroom alone to begin with? The sex of the child and the sex of the molester are not relevant. Molesters who prey on strangers (and even on family members) are generally not interested what sex the child is. Their preference is "child" and not "boy" or "girl".

For the present discussion, the important point is that many child molesters cannot be meaningfully described as homosexuals, heterosexuals, or bisexuals (in the usual sense of those terms) because they are not really capable of a relationship with an adult man or woman. Instead of gender, their sexual attractions are based primarily on age. These individuals – who are often characterized as fixated – are attracted to children, not to men or women.
    -http://psc.dss.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/HTML/facts_molestation.html

Ignoring that most molestation is done by family members or others known to the child and focusing entirely on stranger molestation, the lesson should be this changes NOTHING regardless. If your child is too young to raise an alarm and summon your aid then you need to be in the restroom with them. If your child is of the opposite sex and is old enough to raise an alarm, you are posted up outside to interfere, right?

With the understanding that my perception is colored by dealing with criminals continuously and routinely and I likely overestimate the danger due to that exposure, I fail to understand any change in procedure based on which sex the child is and who is allowed or not allowed in the restroom. Assume predators exist of both sexes. Assume "rules" won't keep out those who will act inappropriately (gun free zones, anyone?) Act appropriately.

smcgee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2014
    Greenville
    Im all about the devils advocate so here goes. I never got Mr.Popularity im sure this isnt going to help but its common sense

Whom among us thinks that 2016 April is the first time I trans-gender has ever been in the bathroom with us before?
    Whom among us lets their child go to the rest room unattended for any amount of time in public
    Whom among us is going to sign up for "The Gender identification Police Force" and stand guard every public bathroom in America to enforce this in the first place?
    Whom among us that we are even on this subject when are schools are failing our children the government is failing our veterans and we have two dopes running top of their parties that regardless were going to lose so if we talk about
    Bruce Kaitlyn Jenner we will forget the true dilemas going on in this country.
    Times are a changing yes thats evolution no two ways about it nothing stays the same. Do we agree with everything? never have never will isnt that what made this country great in the first place diversity?
    I dont care where you he she we or I use the restroom as long as Im not bothered. Judge not and you shall not be judged.
    I feel like Ill never get this time back but sometimes a bait has to be hit! let the flame commence.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    No, you're just normal.

Rape being illegal may not stop rapes. But: that doesn't mean we make rape legal. So let's just shut down that little "reasoning technique" right there.

But it's missing the point, because this issue isn't really about public safety, though. It's about etiquette. The "right thing to do" here is build unisex restrooms. Problem solved. But the secondary problem is, that costs money. And we are all about dollars and cents. Some entities would rather flout cultural rules and offend people, than spend a little money in a way that solves a problem.

My previous employer had a high-profile male employee "cross the river" to the other side at age 62. The HR department took an hour of everyone's time to explain that, among other things, he would be using the womens' restroom from then on. The female employees were justifiably pissed that this husky-voiced (erstwhile) male coworker who still had a penis (while "trying out" his new identity), would now be entering the ladies' room with them. This company was a defense contractor doing $450 Million in sales from this location, and could not find it in themselves to spring for converting an existing restroom to "rainbow" configuration (cost: 1 sign on the door), in a building with 1 Million square feet and 16 restrooms.

We're making this too hard. If "we as a society" have decided to do things this way, then "we as a society" need to properly resource a solution that benefits everyone.

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Bathrooms in general are clearly social constructs. We should all just defecate where we feel like.

smcgee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2014
    Greenville
    i guess this topic falls near and dear to my heart because back in the day I was patronizing a local bar and the bladder called and the solo mens room was occupied and my choices where limited to say the least so I went into the unoccupied ladies room to complete the algebra problem I x p = Depends
    While midstream a lady walked in screamed and said "Excuse me this is for ladies" so I politely as I could turned around and mentioned "This is for ladies as well"
    Adapt and Overcome is been my motto since 1992

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    If the child is not old enough to raise a hue and cry if faced with a molester, why is that child in the restroom alone to begin with?

this.

I take my six year old girl in the men's. I'll do this until she tells me otherwise and then I'll be right there making women uncomfortable right outside there restroom. Nobody cares about your poop. Let's let them Poop where they want.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    This I am not terribly concerned about. What I am concerned about is what is the government doing while the public is fretting about this non issue. The chances that my wife or child will have to share a bathroom with a trans are slim.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If the child is not old enough to raise a hue and cry if faced with a molester, why is that child in the restroom alone to begin with? The sex of the child and the sex of the molester are not relevant. Molesters who prey on strangers (and even on family members) are generally not interested what sex the child is. Their preference is "child" and not "boy" or "girl".

-http://psc.dss.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/HTML/facts_molestation.html

Ignoring that most molestation is done by family members or others known to the child and focusing entirely on stranger molestation, the lesson should be this changes NOTHING regardless. If your child is too young to raise an alarm and summon your aid then you need to be in the restroom with them. If your child is of the opposite sex and is old enough to raise an alarm, you are posted up outside to interfere, right?

With the understanding that my perception is colored by dealing with criminals continuously and routinely and I likely overestimate the danger due to that exposure, I fail to understand any change in procedure based on which sex the child is and who is allowed or not allowed in the restroom. Assume predators exist of both sexes. Assume "rules" won't keep out those who will act inappropriately (gun free zones, anyone?) Act appropriately.
    Hey, stop Denny'ing this thread. Your logic has no place in this hysteria. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!! THE CHILDREN!!!!!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Your a father shopping with your 12 yr. old daughter….are you going in the restroom with her…….? Then a "man" can walk in (if, when legal) and you don't have a problem? Or you think your 12 yr. old is capable of crying out…..but a man is in there, or already in there….and when confronted the shock or fear overwhelms and cry out doesn't come out…….it can happen…..or she is simply knocked out…….still for making it legal and OK. But hey better PC than think of children right?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't really care either way. I recall the humor many on this forum find when a little boy is molested by his female teacher, so I doubt if many would mind a female using the men's room. Maybe we can just make the female restrooms gender exclusive and make the men's room optional?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Your a father shopping with your 12 yr. old daughter….are you going in the restroom with her…….? Then a "man" can walk in (if, when legal) and you don't have a problem? Or you think your 12 yr. old is capable of crying out…..but a man is in there, or already in there….and when confronted the shock or fear overwhelms and cry out doesn't come out…….it can happen…..or she is simply knocked out…….still for making it legal and OK. But hey better PC than think of children right?

So for this hypothetical a molester walks past you into the restroom, knocks out a 12 year old silently, then molests them? Do you go in with your 12 year old boy for the same reason?

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I don't get it. When there's a mass shooting, we understand that we're not like Elliott Rodger, we're not like Christopher Harper-Mercer, we're not like Dylann Roof, we're not like Adam Lanza just because we own guns. We understand that you don't judge the entire group for the conduct of a few individuals.

So why is it that when someone suffers from gender identity issues, we assume that they're all perverts, instead of just holding a handful of actual perverts accountable for their own actions?

Top Bottom