• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds like just another group out there looking for a big fat grant to fill their pockets with at taxpayer expense, they'll provide the "facts" to support the agenda that's been paid for.

Always follow the money

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I looked over their list. Only one of the supported agenda items was a health care issue. That point was the additional training for physicians to recognize patients who might be suicidal. I would support the notion that suicide is a health issue and certainly firearms are an effective means to complete the task. If doctors can recognize depression and mental illness they could perscribe drugs.......oh wait.......:wrongdoor:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    If they were truly concerned about things that cause widespread death and un-necessary injuries, they'd look toward their own profession.

Hmmm..... as someone who recently fired his doctor for giving up on doctoring, and allowing himself to be turned into a box checker, I find that statement pretty interesting.

https://youtu.be/mJ5OZVremGY

I've always found the bar association to be quite helpful....

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I can only imagine the hypocritical outcry should an organization like the NRA take some official stance on opioid prescriptions, medical malpractice, or mental health care. I suspect the AMA would flip their collective lids. Especially if said recommendations would fly in the face of common medical best practice.

I know it is is pipe dream, but I really wish organizations (and businesses) would stay in their wheelhouse.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If the AMA were actually concerned about death toll due to violence, any violence, maybe they would take a look at their policies on abortion.

Apparently by AMA standards, murder by gun is not OK, but murder by abortion, which exponentially exceed murders by gun, is OK. Double standards have a way of negating any credibility which may have otherwise existed.

Last edited:

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    If they're concerned about things that cause widespread death and injuries, maybe they should speak out on distracted driving and make a real impact... :rolleyes:

Medical mistakes killed 250,000 last year. 50 times more than guns, even when you leave IN suicides and criminals killed committing a crime.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have worked with doctors for over 40 years. They are not capable, as a group, to make decisions regarding our constitution......WAY TO MANY are imported and do not know what the constitution means. Many many many many are idiots when it comes to social issues and when they do speak out, they do it to puff themselves up.

Unfortunately, the libs are using every group imaginable....hollywood, hippies who never grew up, indoctrinated college kids, snowflakes and such; most recently, grammar school children and now doctors - to determine our freedoms.

America better wake up.....and jump out of the near boiling waters.

I worked with doctors for 20 years, and I have to agree with this.

If the AMA were actually concerned about death toll due to violence, any violence, maybe they would take a look at their policies on abortion.

Apparently by AMA standards, murder by gun is not OK, but murder by abortion, which exponentially exceed murders by gun, is OK. Double standards have a way of negating any credibility which may have otherwise existed.

The AMA must all be liberals. Why can't they see this truth!?!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Just tell the AMA and their ridiculously liberal members who routinely charge too much for mediocre results on many occasions to “pound salt” !

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

As long as their members get to do the killing it's OK.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How many do doctors kill every year with incompetence?...

None that I am aware of.

defense.jpg

Top Bottom