Amater Radio Testing - Franklin Indiana (Johnson County)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Date:
    Sat 02-20 9:30am - 1:00pm

In Johnson County on Saturday February 20th at 9:30 AM at the Johnson County Emergency Management
    Office located at 1101 Hospital Road in Franklin.
    Walk-ins are welcome and the testing fee is $15.
    For more information, contact Rhonda Curtis by email at WS9H@ARRL.net

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I've already taken my test. I took it at Greenfield Jan 23 or 24. Still have not found myself in the fcc license database. How long does it usually take?

Thanks, Matt

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Matt -- You should be in the system by now; go to FCC Universal Licensing System (ULS): ULS Home, register if you haven't done so, and you should be able to see your call sign. If not, keep checking back every couple days. -- Greg

I registered last week but that doesn't do any good until I have a license/call sign to associate with my FRN. I've tried several of the searches but no luck yet. When I took the test, one of the VE's said it should be posted by the end of the week. It's two and a half weeks now. It is entirely possible that I'm not using the correct search form or not checking off the proper boxes on the forms.

Matt

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Dumb question - testing is from 930-1. Does the test take that long? Do you need to be there right at 930 or can you show up between 930 and say 12 for walk in?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Dumb question - testing is from 930-1. Does the test take that long? Do you need to be there right at 930 or can you show up between 930 and say 12 for walk in?

You need to be there between 9:30 an 10AM...if they don't have any one to test, they pack up. The Technician Exam will take less than an hour for most people.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    It took longer to fill out all the paperwork than it took me to take the test.
    The license searches I have found on fcc.gov still don't list me. It's been three weeks since I took the test. I'm going to contact the VE that was in charge where I took the test tonight and see if he can shed a little light on what's happening with my license.

Matt

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    Matt, you might just try doing a google search on your name and city and state, when I do that for my name it comes up with my call sign right away

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    After several calls to the fcc and arrl.org, my license finally got posted.

Thanks, Matt aka KD9FLZ

Congratulations. The next time you test, try to find an exam being given by the Laurel VEC...we had a guy test with them on a Saturday and he had his callsign on Monday afternoon. They file everything electronically....and they don't charge for the exam.

Top Bottom