Amazing new cartridge!!! The 7mm08 Remington Magnum from Sportsman’s Warehouse!!! Wow!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A solution to a problem that never existed!! Or I know a great way to sell a bunch rifles and ammo, let's invent a wildcat invent ballistics and get some noob writer to call it the greatest thing since gun powder.......
    Read through the article. He is one messed up confused writer.

After reading the article the disclaimer at bottom is hilarious.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    What the reason that you think a short action magnum will blow up?
    Maybe it's the OPs opening line and the $***ily written "article" confusing me but is this not saying they came up with a magnum load (7mm-08 mag) in a formerly non-magnum case (7mm-08)? as in, a higher chamber pressure round that fits in a chamber not meant for the pressure? Or is the OP confusing me because 7mm-08 has always been considered a magnum and the article is just hot steaming poo.

7mm-08 = .308 necked down to 7mm
    7mm-08 rem mag = dimensionally 7mm-08 but upped pressure (Bad idea to make a higher pressure load that fits in the same chamber)
    7mm magnum = belted magnum case necked down to 7mm

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Maybe it's the OPs opening line and the $***ily written "article" confusing me but is this not saying they came up with a magnum load (7mm-08 mag) in a formerly non-magnum case (7mm-08)? as in, a higher chamber pressure round that fits in a chamber not meant for the pressure? Or is the OP confusing me because 7mm-08 has always been considered a magnum and the article is just hot steaming poo.

7mm-08 rem mag = dimensionally 7mm-08 but upped pressure (Bad idea to make a higher pressure load that fits in the same chamber)
    Well, I have a 40X 700 Remington short action in 300 Win Mag. And a 700 in 7mm Mag.
    Ive never once thought about putting a 7mm Mag round in the chamber of the 300 Win Mag.
    Many many rounds will fit in different chambers. It comes with the territory.

Benjamin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN

I was being sarcastic when I put the title and called it a new cartridge. In reality it’s an article written by AI or someone who doesn’t understand that 7mm08 and 7mm Rem Mag are different cartridges and mixes data on the two throughout the article, at times referring to the 7mm08 Remington Magnum, which, to be clear, does not exist.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Niiice :yesway: Think I'll hold out for the 6.5 Creedmoor Magnum though. The internet said it's supposed to be betterer.

That technically exists though. The 6.5 PRC.

0vdidiS.png

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    What is the velocity of the 6.5 prc from a 20-22" barrel?
    Typical 6.5 PRC ballistics are a 143gr bullet at 2,960fps (2,782 ft-lbs) or a 147gr bullet at 2,910fps (2,764 ft-lbs). Both of these loads are designed to minimize bullet drop and wind drift at extended range. 6.5 PRC factory loads generally fire the same bullet approximately 200-250fps faster than the 6.5 Creedmoor.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I was being sarcastic when I put the title and called it a new cartridge. In reality it’s an article written by AI or someone who doesn’t understand that 7mm08 and 7mm Rem Mag are different cartridges and mixes data on the two throughout the article, at times referring to the 7mm08 Remington Magnum, which, to be clear, does not exist.
    OK Gotcha, I knew about the 2 and knew the 3rd was stupid but what with all humanity laid bare on the internet it's hard know where to draw the line of "no... they wouldn't, that must be made up".

Well, I have a 40X 700 Remington short action in 300 Win Mag. And a 700 in 7mm Mag.
    Ive never once thought about putting a 7mm Mag round in the chamber of the 300 Win Mag.
    Many many rounds will fit in different chambers. It comes with the territory.
    The OP clarified about a 3rd cartridge sarcasm. No, what I mean is 7mm mag power/pressure that fits in a 7mm-08 rifle. Destructive combinations shouldn't fit, like 308 in a 7mm-08 doesn't fit and while 7mm-08 fits in a .308 chamber, it's not likely to be catastrophic (or your 300WM won't fit in the 7MMM but the opposite will fit but be non-catastrophic if it fires). You might not have been tempted but have you met our lord and savior, youtube? Accidents happen, stupid happens (a lot).

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    OK Gotcha, I knew about the 2 and knew the 3rd was stupid but what with all humanity laid bare on the internet it's hard know where to draw the line of "no... they wouldn't, that must be made up".

The OP clarified about a 3rd cartridge sarcasm. No, what I mean is 7mm mag power/pressure that fits in a 7mm-08 rifle. Destructive combinations shouldn't fit, like 308 in a 7mm-08 doesn't fit and while 7mm-08 fits in a .308 chamber, it's not likely to be catastrophic (or your 300WM won't fit in the 7MMM but the opposite will fit but be non-catastrophic if it fires). You might not have been tempted but have you met our lord and savior, youtube? Accidents happen, stupid happens (a lot).
    I understand,
    I'm pretty certain any of the short and Super Short Magnums will feed in my 300 win or 338 win mags. Like a 338 short mag in a 300 win mag rifle. It most likely would be catastrophic.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I understand,
    I'm pretty certain any of the short and Super Short Magnums will feed in my 300 win or 338 win mags. Like a 338 short mag in a 300 win mag rifle. It most likely would be catastrophic.
    If you're referring to the Winchester short and super short magnums, then there's no chance they will feed in any win mag action as the case diameter is significantly larger, .555 vs. .513 at the head and .538 vs. .489 at the shoulder.

You could load a .338 RCM into a .300 WSM chamber but I doubt the firing pin would make contact with the primer unless you did it on purpose.

Top Bottom