• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    [h=3]Mountain House “Just in Case…” Essential Assortment[/h] With 12 total meals, this bucket has enough food to feed a person for 3.5 days.* Each Mountain House “Just in Case…” Essential Assortment contains the following essential Mountain House meals:
    ● 4x Rice & Chicken
    ● 4x Chili Mac with Beef
    ● 4x Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
    Every pouch in every stackable and portable Mountain House “Just in Case…” bucket assortments has a proven 12+ year shelf life, so it is good to have on hand just in case of an emergency or for when you may need to feed a large audience.
    ● 24 Total Cups of Water Required
    ● Contains 32 Servings
    *Based on USDA recommended diet of 2,000 calories/day
    It might be OK for a single person for a short time (listed as 3.5 days of food), but there are better deals out there that do cost more, but provide more. If I was a single person, I wouldn't feel bad about this. I'd likely pick one up and toss it in a closet. I've eaten all of these packets included on the list. Don't care for the Chili Mac (it's hell on your guts). But I like Mountain House's products overall.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    It might be OK for a single person for a short time (listed as 3.5 days of food), but there are better deals out there that do cost more, but provide more. If I was a single person, I wouldn't feel bad about this. I'd likely pick one up and toss it in a closet. I've eaten all of these packets included on the list. Don't care for the Chili Mac (it's hell on your guts). But I like Mountain House's products overall.

Most of the reviews i've read rate the Chili Mac as one of the best. I'm not liking that there's soy in the products, but we're just talking about emergency food, not a long-term diet plan. I may let this one go, i normally have at least beans, rice, pouches of tuna, soup, etc. on hand. Just have to remember to rotate stock from time to time.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just a side note. Those clear Mountain House buckets make great Berkey water filters. Much better than the ones you can't see through. Try to find a 3-5 gallon CLEAR bucket.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have one of those buckets, and I have a 3 day meal in a box, also Mountain House.
    If I had a family, I'd probably go for the can that has multiple servings. But since I'm single, the pouches are better.
    Just keep an eye out, prices vary by seller.

Top Bottom