• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Get a prime account. Free shipping PLUS instant video. Better deal if they are still doing that bundle.

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I don't think there is a separate subscription available for it but it comes with prime for $79 a year. Its good, has quite a bit of movies and tv shows. I haven't watched any of their in house shows but it gives me an option when there's nothing on Netflix. Plus free 2 day shipping and $3.99 one day shipping is great. Just sucks they started charging sales tax this year. Ordered a pocket holster to carry from the house to the truck on Sunday and I got it Monday.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I have it, it clones much of what is available on netflix other than a few exclusives. If it is available in both places then I prefer the picture quality of Amazon on my Roku boxes anyway. For whatever reason the image has less artifacts and appears to be a better stream. Netflix on the same box, same tv, same show is just not quite as good.

Otherwise Netflix has a larger selection in general.

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It does have a smaller selection than Netflix, but it also has a lot of titles on there that Netflix doesn't. If you factor in the free 2 day shipping it's definitely worth the money.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm thinking about getting a subscription to Amazon instant video. Does anyone have it or no anything good or bad about it??

Get a prime account. Free shipping PLUS instant video. Better deal if they are still doing that bundle.

It does have a smaller selection than Netflix, but it also has a lot of titles on there that Netflix doesn't. If you factor in the free 2 day shipping it's definitely worth the money.

I'm not sure about them having less titles. I think I remember Consumer Reports saying they had about the same #.

I have Amazon Prime. And two Rokus. Love it.

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure about them having less titles. I think I remember Consumer Reports saying they had about the same #.

That's interesting. It just seems that Netflix has more. I think Netflix has better presentation, that's probably why it seems like it has more titles.

One good thing about Amazon Prime is that you can rent movies from Amazon and then stream them for 48 hours on your computer or whatever device you're using. It can be pricey but it's pretty convenient.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it's worth it. Especially if there are TV series you'd like to watch. $2 per episode is expensive, but many of them are free on prime. Justified, for example.

I love my amazon prime. I have been buying more from amazon over the last year so the membership is really paying for itself.

Reminds me of how often my wife tells me about how much money she saved by spending money.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Just echoing what everyone else said. Basically, if you just want video, Netflix is stronger. If you'll use Amazon to buy things then amazon video is a great add on.

Fyi - I have both amazon and netflix.

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Plus if you have a Kindle, you can borrow one book a month from the Kindle Owner's Lending Library for free with a prime membership. Also, you get a free book download each month under the Kindle First program.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I think it's crap that they limit tablet video streaming to their own Kindle Fire tablets.

They are basically justs android tablets, there is no reason they couldn't have released a similar app for every other android out there.

Screw them.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    We dropped cable 5 months ago, put Roku's on each of the TVs, and subscribed to Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, and Netflix. We watch Amazon and Hulu most often. We haven't been impressed with Netflix's selection. Actually the only thing I'm watching on Netflix is Breaking Bad. To keep up with everything current that I watch (Walking Dead, Alaska The Last Frontier, Tosh.0, South Park, Community, Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow, and everything the kids watch) it's available through Hulu and Amazon.

Top Bottom