• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 454puttna

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    martinsville
    Great movie, felt the full range of emotions watching. A must see. I cc at Regal (greenwood mall), I don't know their policy and haven't observed any signs against it.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    So he really has no problem with you carrying, but because it's "company policy" he's just going to be a mindless drone and force you to either leave or return unarmed?

Frackin' dolt.

Better he do nothing, have people complaint to his boss, and lose his job? Why are private property rights so hated here?

No, it's called discretion. The manager could have exercised it. Instead, he chose to be a corporate drone and spew out "company policy" instead of simply asking to cover up. He has no problem with carry, with OC, with guns, but he can't think for himself.

I've been a manger and an owner of a business. I know what discretion I have in the roles. This guy was a tool.

How do you know? I find it odd that when it comes to private property rights, some here are against them, when it benefits them. The take your guns to the work parking lot law is a good example. Everyone wants this law because 'people shouldn't have to worry about getting fired and not having a job.' Well, the same applies to this guy who is just doing what he is told to do by someone who has more control over the property than he, namely his boss. If the mere act of holding a job is so sacred that we need a law to allow workers to bring their guns to the employer's parking lot, why slam someone who may end up losing their job for enforcing the rules of the property owner?

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Better he do nothing, have people complaint to his boss, and lose his job? Why are private property rights so hated here?

How do you know? I find it odd that when it comes to private property rights, some here are against them, when it benefits them. The take your guns to the work parking lot law is a good example. Everyone wants this law because 'people shouldn't have to worry about getting fired and not having a job.' Well, the same applies to this guy who is just doing what he is told to do by someone who has more control over the property than he, namely his boss. If the mere act of holding a job is so sacred that we need a law to allow workers to bring their guns to the employer's parking lot, why slam someone who may end up losing their job for enforcing the rules of the property owner?

+1 :rockwoot:

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im bucking the trend since I don't believe most folks are that observant. I think a ticket taker or concessions guy probably saw your weapon. Moat folks like us going to see a movie like that would be having a show and tell if 2ofthe us notices we were on both carrying. Sounds like the manager really didn't want to push you but may have thought his job was at risk... had he not asked you to comply with the policy the employee who saw and complained could have put some pressure on him by informing to the managers boss and said manager might be out his job.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    96th st/I-69 is the only one I visit. I am getting held up for Popcorn, so I CC, and don't give a rats azz about it. Havnt shot a Chipmonk yet, although I would like too after taking my eight year old granddaughter there to see Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I love to go see movies just like I did as a kid. I generally open carry my pistols. I usually go to AMC Showplace 16 on the south side of South Bend. When going there, or for that matter University Park Mall, I wear an extra baggy t-shirt that I can cover my pistol up. When I walk out, the t shirt gets lifted out of the way. It sucks, but that way I get to do what and still exercise my rights.

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    Ok guys and girls as promised here is the response I got from AMC corp. today

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your thoughts on our weapons policy. AMC has more than 350 theatres in the United States in 30 states and the District of Columbia. Many of the states we operate in have concealed carry laws.

For the safety and security of our guests and associates, and as a family business, AMC feels the best way to protect our guests and associates is to have a uniform, standardized policy prohibiting weapons on our premises, and to post such policy. In many states, we are required by law to post signage if we have a policy against bringing weapons on our property, hence the posting of signage at our theatres nationwide.

I have forward a suggestion regarding our weapons policy to the appropriate department. Please be assured that we evaluate our policies periodically, and your feedback will be included in our next review. The quality of your moviegoing experience—and your opinion of AMC Theatres—is important to us.

Sincerely,

Trevor
    AMC Guest Services

So as I thought they're not going to do anything concerning this.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    They just didn't want it to be like an audience participation movie when people dress-up like their favorite character and throw TP and toast at a "Rocky Horror Picture Show" but of course instead...........................Bullets. :D

I'm bringing my Mini-Gun when I go to see it!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Ok guys and girls as promised here is the response I got from AMC corp. today

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your thoughts on our weapons policy. AMC has more than 350 theatres in the United States in 30 states and the District of Columbia. Many of the states we operate in have concealed carry laws.

For the safety and security of our guests and associates, and as a family business, AMC feels the best way to protect our guests and associates is to have a uniform, standardized policy prohibiting weapons on our premises, and to post such policy. In many states, we are required by law to post signage if we have a policy against bringing weapons on our property, hence the posting of signage at our theatres nationwide.

I have forward a suggestion regarding our weapons policy to the appropriate department. Please be assured that we evaluate our policies periodically, and your feedback will be included in our next review. The quality of your moviegoing experience—and your opinion of AMC Theatres—is important to us.

Sincerely,

Trevor
    AMC Guest Services

So as I thought they're not going to do anything concerning this.

Like you said, Im sure they are not going to do too much, however they states that they are open to suggestions, so I suggest we all contact them and state our opinion that LAW ABIDING citizens are not the problem, so we should be allowed to carry. I know for one, that I will write if you want to start a letter writing campaign.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Like you said, Im sure they are not going to do too much, however they states that they are open to suggestions, so I suggest we all contact them and state our opinion that LAW ABIDING citizens are not the problem, so we should be allowed to carry. I know for one, that I will write if you want to start a letter writing campaign.
    Most of the time I've heard they are open to suggestions, they really aren't. :rolleyes:

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    I took 4 of my kids to said theater yesterday to see Lorax. As we were walking in, my oldest verbily pointed out the No Firearmes sign on the front door. I did cover up going in, but was uncoverd leaving, just to make a point. Sometimes you just have to cover up. Great movie and no one got shot while my gun was in the theater, even though I got robbed while I was there.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I think we will have to agree to disagree, sounds like the manager did all that he felt comfortable with considering the company policy. The OP says all in all he couldn't have been nicer. I suspect in these days of high unemployment the gentleman didn't want to stick his neck out and was probably thinking about keeping his job. Just my two cents.
    Not only this, but don't private businesses and individuals have the right to exclude firearms from their property? If the owner says no guns, then you don't actually have the right to carry there. You do have the right not to patronize the business and to let them know why.

Their policy may or may not be justified, but they have the right to determine what visitors/licensees may do while visiting.

What would the consensus here be if AMC allowed CC only? Would the OC folks here cover up, or take their custom elsewhere?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Most of the time I've heard they are open to suggestions, they really aren't. :rolleyes:
    Oh, I know, i have said the same thing MANY times while Ive been in charge. Ill listen, and still go with my idea, however, maybe if they got a landslide of letters, MAYBE if the sun is shining, and the planets align, maybe they will think about changing it. Its more productive then nothing, although at times not much more.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Oh, I know, i have said the same thing MANY times while Ive been in charge. Ill listen, and still go with my idea, however, maybe if they got a landslide of letters, MAYBE if the sun is shining, and the planets align, maybe they will think about changing it. Its more productive then nothing, although at times not much more.
    Hey, stranger things have happened! :D

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    I took 4 of my kids to said theater yesterday to see Lorax. As we were walking in, my oldest verbily pointed out the No Firearmes sign on the front door. I did cover up going in, but was uncoverd leaving, just to make a point. Sometimes you just have to cover up. Great movie and no one got shot while my gun was in the theater, even though I got robbed while I was there.

Well hearing you say something about there being a no Firearms sign on the front door then I guess the manager took my suggestion, "That if AMC doesn't want to change their no weapons policy then to make the sign stating so more visible."

Cause when I went to go see Act of Valor there was no sign on any of the front doors.

LoneWolf2554

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks for posting their response to you. Hopefully they will at least update their signs to make them easier to see, and in time change their policy.

Top Bottom