• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    I was thinking about getting my first 1911 sometime soon and have been looking into an American Classic. I've read some good and bad things about it and wanted some opinions from owners here on INGO. I already own 2 Bersa firearms and love both. Thought it would be a good addition to the family.

Thanks

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am a Bersa owner as well and found the RIA 1911s are a great fit. The reviews on them are outstanding. I have 2 now. The 5" barrel and the 3.5".

Farslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    I have and American Classic Trophy that I purchased back at the beginning of March. Through the first couple hundred rounds so far it's been great. Very accurate of of the box and nice overall fit and finish. The only issue I had was that the stock ACT mag wouldn't feed. The Chip McCormick power mag i had fed perfectly however. I've since swapped out the spring and follower in the ACT mag with Tripp Research parts and now it runs flawlessly as well. For $550 it's pretty hard to beat. Here is mine:
    Trophy-1.jpg

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    I have and American Classic Trophy that I purchased back at the beginning of March. Through the first couple hundred rounds so far it's been great. Very accurate of of the box and nice overall fit and finish. The only issue I had was that the stock ACT mag wouldn't feed. The Chip McCormick power mag i had fed perfectly however. I've since swapped out the spring and follower in the ACT mag with Tripp Research parts and now it runs flawlessly as well. For $550 it's pretty hard to beat. Here is mine:
    Trophy-1.jpg

Beautiful! Thanks for the reply!

Top Bottom