• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I do sometimes collect firearms that don’t go by the name “Mosin” or “Nagant”, or fire ammo other than 7.62x54r, and here are 2 such examples.

The M1 Garand is a 1944 Springfield Arsenal product

The M1 carbine is an 10/42 Inland product that received the latter sight and bayonet lug updates. This is a rifle I purchased off my dad about 12 years ago, he purchased it in 1967 through the NRA for the princely sum of $20.00

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Very nice! You can tell from looking at these two the M-14 didn't fall very far from the tree of its ancestors. I can only dream of adding something like you have to my small collection.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Walt, Let's be honest here. He actually purchased the carbine for $17.50...Shipping was $2.50...:):

I have got a Winchester M1 Carbine, June 1944 never issued, never rearsenaled, that my Grandad bought for $17.50 plus $2.50 S&H from the NRA at about the same time...He was a lifetime member and an early American Rifleman I had stated that, "Lifetime member's guns will be hand picked and many will be unissued..."

He wanted me to have the gun and told me to trade him a Ruger P89 for it...I kept telling him no..It would be an unfair trade, I am not comfortable with that etc...etc....I could tell he was getting mad and he then said, "Hold on a minute..." He went and got the receipt from when he bought it and said something like this, "Son, I want you to have this gun and I know you keep thinking that you would be taking advantage of me but the way I see it I will be getting a $300 pistol for $20 so why don't you climb off of your high horse, go in the safe and get me my D&^& Ruger and take this Carbine."

I treasure it...

The wood on that Garand Walt is drop dead gorgeus...Ofcourse, It' not near as pretty as the wood on that Chinese Mosin from Vietnam you picked up at the shop your last trip down...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You can maintain your postition of President in the "I love Commie Guns Club" as of now....Much more of this and you will get knocked down to Treasurer....:):

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Walt, Let's be honest here. He actually purchased the carbine for $17.50...Shipping was $2.50...:):

I have got a Winchester M1 Carbine, June 1944 never issued, never rearsenaled, that my Grandad bought for $17.50 plus $2.50 S&H from the NRA at about the same time...He was a lifetime member and an early American Rifleman I had stated that, "Lifetime member's guns will be hand picked and many will be unissued..."

He wanted me to have the gun and told me to trade him a Ruger P89 for it...I kept telling him no..It would be an unfair trade, I am not comfortable with that etc...etc....I could tell he was getting mad and he then said, "Hold on a minute..." He went and got the receipt from when he bought it and said something like this, "Son, I want you to have this gun and I know you keep thinking that you would be taking advantage of me but the way I see it I will be getting a $300 pistol for $20 so why don't you climb off of your high horse, go in the safe and get me my D&^& Ruger and take this Carbine."

I treasure it...

The wood on that Garand Walt is drop dead gorgeus...Ofcourse, It' not near as pretty as the wood on that Chinese Mosin from Vietnam you picked up at the shop your last trip down...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You can maintain your postition of President in the "I love Commie Guns Club" as of now....Much more of this and you will get knocked down to Treasurer....:):

That is exactly how my dad was when he offered to sell it to me for $300.00, after I bought it he felt guilty for selling me the rifle for a hefty profit. I calmed him down some after I told him what it was worth. :spend:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Twin sons of different mothers! :)

Springfield post-WWII Garand, CMP Service Grade Special, National Match barrel. IBM M1 Carbine made sometime between January and March 1944, re-arsenaled at Fabrique Armes Terni in 1968:
    IMG_2298_zps9c8f80c3.jpg

IMG_2299_zpsad82f394.jpg
    IMG_2300_zps409bb2a7.jpg

Last edited:

Ungie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Connecticut
    wow really nice pieces of US History. I really need to look into seeing if I can get my uncle's rifle that he brought back from WW2. I see that you really have taken care of them. Do you ever shoot them?

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    When I saw the first sentence: "I do sometimes collect firearms that don’t go by the name “Mosin” or “Nagant”, or fire ammo other than 7.62x54r, and here are 2 such examples." & American Classics. I thought what? Then I figured you were going to say something smart like you also collect firearms that go by the name Kalashnikov or Simonov and fire 7.62x39mm.

But then I saw the rifles, Wow! double Wow! The rifles are in great shape. BTW, I thought I would give you the chance to double your father's investment, and offer to purchase the Garand off you for $40 including shipping.:): [h=3][/h]

Top Bottom