• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    Sorry for the crappy picture.Im hoping you can see the split.Just got through shooting this stuff.
    S5001370.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    American Eagle is decent ammo. As has been said, it happens from time to time. Nastiest malfunction for me was a round that kind of went POOF. I was shooting a match, and darn near pulled the trigger again before I could stop myself, RO started hollering about the same time I realized I needed to stop. The bullet had cleared the barrel, in fact someone found it about five feet in front of me, but the barrel was full of what looked like soaking wet powder. Don't know if all that crap would have been enough of an obstruction or not, but glad I didn't find out. Can't remember what brand that was.

Also seen even premium ammo messed up, like a Hydra-Shok (the latest and greatest at the time) that had a crushed and mishapen bullet.

I've had a few cases spit like that with factory ammo.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I wouldn't be afraid to buy Amerian Eagle. Have always found it to be decent. I have seen splits like that in .40 S&W with Remington UMC brass. If you get anymore that split like that out of the same lot, make a special note of it if your collecting them to reload.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I just bought some a couple of weeks ago....but a split happens every now and then. I have never had it with 9mm yet.

Engine03

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Indy
    American Eagle is good ammo made by Federal. American Eagle is specifically designed for the target, training and practice crowd

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have been shooting American Eagle for years, Never had that happen to me. Wouldn't stop using it if it did though. Law of averages and all.

Top Bottom