• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    When? Show isn't too good but I'll watch anything with guns in it. The daughter isn't too shabby looking either.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Interesting, given that the daughter stated in a YouTube video recently that there would be no new episodes... :dunno:

The show didn't really impress me, so I doubt I'll watch it even if it does come back.

Ryan281

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Many of the gun shows recently on can be silly and packed with inaccurate information, but I am amazed that they are even on TV these days with the anti gun media being so poweful. For that reason I watch them and support them.

Ryan

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Many of the gun shows recently on can be silly and packed with inaccurate information, but I am amazed that they are even on TV these days with the anti gun media being so poweful.

Personally, I think many of those shows do as much or more to hurt the cause (i.e. feed public misconceptions about guns and gun owners, provide bad examples, cast us in a bad light) than to help it. Just because a program is nominally about guns, does not make a Good Thing.

For that reason I watch them and support them.

How, exactly, do you "support" them? :dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Personally, I think many of those shows do as much or more to hurt the cause (i.e. feed public misconceptions about guns and gun owners, provide bad examples, cast us in a bad light) than to help it. Just because a program is nominally about guns, does not make a Good Thing.

I agree... many of these shows make me cringe. It is really just exploitation to make a buck, rather than any interest in supporting the actual topic/industry/community, etc.

I suspect that shows that were really based more in the reality would be too boring for the general public as there would be little to no drama. However, for many INGO members, it would probably be very interesting to see how a real gun shop/manufacturer/gun smith, etc, works.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood

Agreed. Sons of Guns makes me physically ill. And the people in that show definitely feed the stereotype that gun owners are ignorant, ex-con looking individuals. More press coverage of programs, like Wounded Warriors hunts, where disabled veterans are taken out on an assisted hunts would do more for our cause than another attractive woman who doesn't know her a** from a hole in the gound when it comes to guns. :twocents:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I think the history of "American Guns" is pretty neat.. S.O.G. has started picking up more of that lately with that Volcanic pistol a couple weeks ago too..

Sure, it's not great TV, but it beats a lot of the other stuff on the air..

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    ....And the people in that show definitely feed the stereotype that gun owners are ignorant, ex-con looking individuals.

Who, incidentally, also wear a police badges.

Between that ass clown Steven Seagal, and these guys at Red Jacket, I'm beginning to hate Louisiana.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Who, incidentally, also wear a police badges.

Between that ass clown Steven Seagal, and these guys at Red Jacket, I'm beginning to hate Louisiana.

I am with you. Thank Goodness for Buckwheat Zydeco and Troy on Swamp People or I would be ready to write the State off. I am not saying that Swamp People hasn't gotten a little goofy but Troy seems genuine.

"He's a Shoooter!!!!"

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    I watch the shows even with all the scripted drama because.....

I LIKE GUNS!

Anyone see the behind the scenes of SOG when the producer walked in front of the cannon? Now THAT is something to cringe about.

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    Yea its back starting on april 25th I believe. I watch this and sons of guns but I def agree most of it is scripted drama and good looking girls shooting guns just to get ratings but thats mostly everything these days so what can you do. my husband and I will keep watching for the GUNS and some of it is entertaining :)

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    So I watched it last night, watched a guy pay 10k for a piece of drilling pipe and a fence post.

I thought the 10th Mt. 1911 was pretty cool. Wish they would have shown more of the 1911 and less of the "punt gun." I think the way they presented the 1911 to him was kind of cheesy, but whatever I bet the guy still had fun.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Yeah the 1911 was cool. All their presentations seem cheesy but if you think about it who doesnt want to run through the snow shooting exploding targets next to a navy seal?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So I watched it last night, watched a guy pay 10k for a piece of drilling pipe and a fence post.

I thought the 10th Mt. 1911 was pretty cool. Wish they would have shown more of the 1911 and less of the "punt gun." I think the way they presented the 1911 to him was kind of cheesy, but whatever I bet the guy still had fun.

It was pretty cheesy but that guy with the wolverine chops thought it was great. That 1911 was beautiful. Makes me wish I could afford to build one.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom