• Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    You get it!

so I heard this this old man say that immigrants shouldn't be able to buy firearms.. and I asked him why and he told me because they're not American.. so I asked him am I an American he said yes you're an African American and ask him what is he and he said he's an American now he was born in Indianapolis I was born in Elkhart yet I'm still in African American I know they teach you in school that just because we're different color was called something else on American but I have family in the military 1 of my good friends going to the military soon and when were overseas fighting they do not say kill that African American to that Mexican Americans killed at Asian American they say kill that American I just don't see why we're still being called African Americans Asian Americans I'm a f****** American born in America raise in America I told him if I'm an African American your European American in my opinion if you were born in America you're an American let me know what you guys think[/QUOTE

Exactly, you are an American. African-American, Japanese-American, Mexican-American and all the other hyphen American designations are what drives wedges. We are all American, each with a distinct heritage, but the emphasis should still be on the American part. Good for you!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I despise hyphenated-American titles. We are all immigrants, no matter what color our skin is. Even the native Americans have been proven to come from Asia.

Anyways, saying that a non-American can't own guns means they have no right to self defense. The 2A says that this right is granted by our creator, not by any government, and I completely agree. I'm sure they have to pass the same background checks as us, and if they do then they should be legal. But if someone comes here from another country, depending on the country, our background checks may be incomplete (unable to determine if the person is a felon, for example). If we can't do a proper background check, then unfortunately I don't believe we can let them buy guns, otherwise felons would just bounce from country to country starting fresh each time.

Cj52racers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    I despise hyphenated-American titles. We are all immigrants, no matter what color our skin is.

Hyphenated-American titles have always been used to divide. In fact, it wasn't until after WWII that Italians and the Irish were even considered "white". They were Italian-Americans and Irish-Americans. In the end, as long as you are a citizen, you are an American in my book. Hell, most people who chose to come to this country and go through the process to become Americans (legally) value their rights and opportunities as such more than those born here.

LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    At least you are discussing "Americans". If we listen to the media, they would have us believe there is no such thing. They would have us believe that there are only Republicans and Democrats. I call BS! I am neither...I am an AMERICAN.

Top Bottom