• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I went to Bradis Guns last Sunday to shop for a compact 1911. All they had in stock at the time were some Rock Island Armory and these American Tactical Imports 1911s. I kinda liked they way they felt in my hand except for the grip safety which felt a little jinky. I have never heard of ATI until last Sunday. :dunno: Has anyone had any experiences with these either good or bad? Thanks in advance.
    Products

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso

hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was wanting to look for a compact Springfield. I looked at one Kimber Ultra Carry II but it was a tad bit out of my price range and kinda naked looking. I currently own a Star PD which I dont carry any more and Taurus 1911 (daily carry). I've had awesome experiences with both. I've been bitten by the 1911 bug and have been itching to buy a new one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    The new Remington R1 is a basic bare bones 1911, that is crisp and clean right out of the box, from some of the stuff I've read. The price point is around $600...that is one I am going to check out soon (if/when I get my refund check and my bonus check!)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Okay we gotta few don't knows and a couple of maybes. I'm thinking I might stay away from these then.

No reason to avoid them. Armscor in the Philippines makes 1911-style pistols for a number of importers. The Rock Islands, Charles Dalys, High Standards, American Classics, Firestorms, ATI Titans and STI Spartans all come out of the same plant in the PI; they are just made to the individual importer's specifications and thus can and will differ in finish, features and price.

We have sold Armscor 1911s under their various guises for several years; they are generally solid, reliable pieces.

My :twocents:

hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I know Armscor makes pretty solid guns and I do like the Rock Islands but I think I will pass on the RIAs for now. Ive been doing some reading in the 1911Forum about the ATI Titans and it seems like they are a hit and miss. Few people are having various issues.

ATI FX45 in stainless - 1911Forum

I'm liking the Springfield LW Champion Operator's. They are a tad out of my price range but they look really sharp. I'll just have to save my pennies.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?p=2973771#post2973771

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I know Armscor makes pretty solid guns and I do like the Rock Islands but I think I will pass on the RIAs for now. Ive been doing some reading in the 1911Forum about the ATI Titans and it seems like they are a hit and miss. Few people are having various issues.

ATI FX45 in stainless - 1911Forum

I'm liking the Springfield LW Champion Operator's. They are a tad out of my price range but they look really sharp. I'll just have to save my pennies.

I would save a little $$$ & buy a DECENT 1911:twocents:

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    I would save a little $$$ & buy a DECENT 1911:twocents:

I would second that! :twocents:

I have two Sig 1911's, two Kimber 1911's, a Springfield 1911, a Colt, a USGI 1911 and a Citadel (made by Armscor - the same producer, as discussed above). Sold a RIA recently to buy the Citadel. I disagree on the "save your money" comment regarding the imports. The Citadel is a solid shooter, always goes bang and shoots exactly where YOU point it. As an entry level gun, a daily carry or an occasional shooter, they are well worth the money.

YMMV.

hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well I went out and baught me a "decent" 1911 a few hrs ago. :rockwoot:
    I ended up buying a SS Springfield Armory Ultra Compact with night sights from Plainfield Shooting Supply. I stopped by Fort Liberty on the way up there to see what they had in compact 1911's. All they had were a RIA compact and a Blued Colt New Agent.

I liked the Colt but it was creeping up towards the $1000 mark and it didn't have anything on it, no sights of any kind, no ambi safety, nothing, so I kept hunting.

When I got to Plainfield Shooting the store was packed as usual. I told the gentleman there what I was looking for and he let me fondle a few pistols.
    The first one he showed me was the one I ended up buying. He showed me some others a scandium Smith & Wesson, ParaOrdinance, and I forgot all what else.

I would have liked to have ended up with a blued or one in armory cote but I suppose we cant get everything we ask for.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Well I went out and baught me a "decent" 1911 a few hrs ago. :rockwoot:
    I ended up buying a SS Springfield Armory Ultra Compact with night sights from Plainfield Shooting Supply. I stopped by Fort Liberty on the way up there to see what they had in compact 1911's. All they had were a RIA compact and a Blued Colt New Agent.

I liked the Colt but it was creeping up towards the $1000 mark and it didn't have anything on it, no sights of any kind, no ambi safety, nothing, so I kept hunting.

When I got to Plainfield Shooting the store was packed as usual. I told the gentleman there what I was looking for and he let me fondle a few pistols.
    The first one he showed me was the one I ended up buying. He showed me some others a scandium Smith & Wesson, ParaOrdinance, and I forgot all what else.

I would have liked to have ended up with a blued or one in armory cote but I suppose we cant get everything we ask for.

You bought a FINE 1911, EXCELLENT QUALITY, everyone knows SPRINGFIELD ARMORY:yesway:

hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It does say "MADE IN BRAZIL-INBEL" on the frame. I dont mind. My PT1911 is Brazilian made and that gun functions flawlessly. There aren't many things that are made in the :patriot: nowadays.

Top Bottom