• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inrunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Huntington,IN
    For the record im not Hating on the Amish thats the farthest thing from my mind just thinking out loud.

I was Browsing my local gun store will not name. and there where 3 Amish men looking at shotguns pumps and double barrels. they were fully Amish had the beards and all, i know and work with Amish and they aren't supposed to have guns because they can take lives there same reason they don't drive.

Today watching TV and the show Amish mafia previews come on "its probably fake" but it gets me thinking. Are Amish arming them self's too are they getting scared of whats to come? :twocents:

Im just asking have anyone else seen Amish in gun stores lately/ever? And we really dont have Amish living around here. please be nice

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I was in 21st Century a while back and this young Amish man came in and was checking out a Henry .22. He wanted that gun in a real bad way. The clerk ask him for a picture ID. Didn't have one, no sale. He was bumming big time.:(

inrunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Huntington,IN
    Im sure some do, I know a couple of Amish in new haven that the section or church is against it.
    Also what do they show when purchasing a firearm? Do they have the driver buy it?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I was in 21st Century a while back and this young Amish man came in and was checking out a Henry .22. He wanted that gun in a real bad way. The clerk ask him for a picture ID. Didn't have one, no sale. He was bumming big time.:(

I expect they do most of their buying second hand. They need a photo ID to vote. Do they vote? I know amazingly little about their life style that I didn't learn from the movie, "Witness".:rolleyes:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    For the record im not Hating on the Amish thats the farthest thing from my mind just thinking out loud.

I was Browsing my local gun store will not name. and there where 3 Amish men looking at shotguns pumps and double barrels. they were fully Amish had the beards and all, i know and work with Amish and they aren't supposed to have guns because they can take lives there same reason they don't drive.

Today watching TV and the show Amish mafia previews come on "its probably fake" but it gets me thinking. Are Amish arming them self's too are they getting scared of whats to come? :twocents:

Im just asking have anyone else seen Amish in gun stores lately/ever? And we really dont have Amish living around here. please be nice

Over the years I've seen plenty of Amish buying shotguns (and a few buying handguns). Many buying rifles. Most hunt. They see firearms as tools and not instruments of violence. I've seen many Amish buy long guns at flea markets and swap meets because they don't have an ID with a picture and can't buy in a shop or Walmart.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I expect they do most of their buying second hand. They need a photo ID to vote. Do they vote? I know amazingly little about their life style that I didn't learn from the movie, "Witness".:rolleyes:
    I have never seen an Amish person at the polls, and there quite a few of them around here. I can imagine there are a lot of straw sales involving Amish and guns.;)

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Over the years I've seen plenty of Amish buying shotguns (and a few buying handguns). Many buying rifles. Most hunt. They see firearms as tools and not instruments of violence. I've seen many Amish buy long guns at flea markets and swap meets because they don't have an ID with a picture and can't buy in a shop or Walmart.
    And this^^^^^^^^^^.

inrunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Huntington,IN
    Yes I Agree with all of you. It was just a weird experience seeing that ive never seen it before. I cant help to think if they were another type of People if I would think differently about it.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    There are a few religious groups that don't believe in using guns to kill people for any reason but don't have a problem with hunting.....I knew a girl that use to be Amish....I don't want to be Amish after what she told me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Like alot others have said most Amish hunt and they butcher their own cattle and hogs so they would have a rifle or shotgun for those matters, looks and seems weird but not really out of place.

Top Bottom