• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Anyone else check the stock for ammunition at local walmart stores? I cannot find ammunition on their website at all.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    West lafayette Walmart will sometimes have a box or two of random handgun ammo. I'm looking for 9mm and .380 so that's all I pay attention to. They also have occasional boxes of assorted rifle ammo but since I'm not looking for any so I don't pay any attention to it.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I am saying on the website........... they no longer let you check availablity of ammo.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Anderson has signs up that say they are out of .223, 9, 40, and the list goes on. The only thing on the shelves are shotgun shells. They also posted that a customer can only but 3 boxes per day.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Shelves at the McGalliard location in Muncie are empty. I think I saw a box of .45 there last week.

And shotgun shells. But otherwise, nada.

JC PAINT WORKZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Word is now that once the stock at the factory is gone they will no longer be selling ammo. Same goes for guns. This is confirmed in Florida. A buddy of mine went in there the other day and actually seen a letter in the sporting goods. The older guy working showed him the paper but wouldnt let him take a picture of it (customers wernt suppose to see it) stating that once the supply runs dry they will be removing shelving units etc...

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Dear CG,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Walmart, like the rest of the country, has been engaged in a national dialogue about the responsible sale and regulation of firearms. We have had ongoing conversations with the Administration, Congress, Mayor Bloomberg’s office, sportsmen groups, suppliers and others to listen and share our thoughts and experiences.

Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly. In fact, we became a charter member of Mayor Bloomberg’s coalition against illegal guns and adopted the 10-point code established by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law requires. We have also spoken to the Vice President’s office to share our perspective.

We take this issue very seriously and are committed staying engaged in this discussion as the Administration and Congress work toward a consensus on the right path forward.

Charles, we apologize if this email does not answer your questions. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Walmart customer care.

Sincerely,
    Walmart Customer Care

Nodnarb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Muncie
    Shelves at the McGalliard location in Muncie are empty. I think I saw a box of .45 there last week.

And shotgun shells. But otherwise, nada.

I'm in there a couple times a week and last week I was able to get 3 boxes of Federal 9mm. They guy said they had received 2 cases about an hour earlier and I was able to get 3 of the last 4 boxes.

I was in the south Muncie walmart late last week and asked if they were even receiving any .22LR and he said they received one case of 10 boxes and they were gone in less than 30 minutes.

I've been frequenting several other places that stock ammo and generally coming up empty.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Word is now that once the stock at the factory is gone they will no longer be selling ammo. Same goes for guns. This is confirmed in Florida. A buddy of mine went in there the other day and actually seen a letter in the sporting goods. The older guy working showed him the paper but wouldnt let him take a picture of it (customers wernt suppose to see it) stating that once the supply runs dry they will be removing shelving units etc...

I seriously doubt this is true. Walmart is suffering the same problems that MidwayUSA and the rest are having....demand is outstripping supply.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I stopped in Walmart off Washington last friday evening. I wasn't looking to buy but they had a few k of 5.55, .40s&w, 7.62 and 9mm. There was a sign about a 3 box limit but the cashier said you could buy 3 boxes per caliber.

Top Bottom