• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    How many of you are thinking about passing on competitions at this point due the current market for ammunition and reloading components?

Personally, I am just hoping to be able to get enough ammo around to shoot the IN sectional and IN SS match. But due to the back order and lead times, it looks like I am SOL until June/July :(

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Im not real worried but i have enough to load a few thousand 45. Im not shooting 9s because ive been waiting on lead for 3 weeks

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Berry's Bullets, Montana Gold, and Xtreme Bullets are no longer accepting orders.... I have enough to load a couple hundred rounds, but I normally wait till my tax return every year to buy components for reloading...

edit.... Looks like Precision delta is predicting at least a 12 week lead time...

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I've got 18K primers, 12K .45 and .40 bullets and at least 10# of powder. Maybe 8K rounds loaded right now. Enough to shoot and practice normally for this season.

I've ordered more bullets, was told a 3 week lead time.

I've got enough on hand to load about 2K .223.

I learned at O's last election not to be counting on components early in the year.

I'll put some money back out of my bonus to order another 30K primers, when they become available.

SNScasting and Bayou Bullets are taking orders, both are 3-4 weeks behind.

Last edited:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I've got 18K primers, 12K .45 and .40 bullets and at least 10# of powder. Maybe 8K rounds loaded right now. Enough to shoot and practice normally for this season.

I've ordered more bullets, was told a 3 week lead time.

I've got enough on hand to load about 2K .223.

I learned at O's last election not to be counting on components early in the year.

I'll put some money back out of my bonus to order another 30K primers, when they become available.

SNScasting and Bayou Bullets are taking orders, both are 3-4 weeks behind.

My main concern is that I have a little one crawling around and getting into everything now. So I'm trying to avoid using cast bullets at this point. I guess I may have to break down and do it anyway...

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Things are slowly coming back.
    Walmart on pendle like had some 9mm in last night
    KS&E sports on pendle pike has had ammo.

I recently picked up another 5k in primers
    And have bullets on order from bayou

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Things are slowly coming back.
    Walmart on pendle like had some 9mm in last night
    KS&E sports on pendle pike has had ammo.

I recently picked up another 5k in primers
    And have bullets on order from bayou

I just ordered 1k 45 Rainers Hollow points just because that is the only ones I can find in stock... I need to start watching Walmart again to get some 9mm for 3 gun stuff...

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    From an Enos post before it got deleted. Primers FTF in MI.

Ok Guys.

I'm always screaming foul when people try to gouge you for primers.

Mostly Sellior & Bellot small pistol primers and selling them for 40.00 per 1K I think a pretty fair price in todays crazy market. The Winchester small pistol will be 45.00 per 1K

Also have S&B small rifle and Federal small rifle and they are also going for 40.00 per K and I know thats a fair price.

Right now only asking for local sales. pickup in either 2 locations in Michigan. Sterling Heights and Livonia.

Either PM me here or call me at 0005862460967000 (Delete first 3 and last 3 zeros for correct number) for pick up details etc.

Hope this helps some out that are running low. No need for me to hoard them all

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    How many of you are thinking about passing on competitions at this point due the current market for ammunition and reloading components?

Personally, I am just hoping to be able to get enough ammo around to shoot the IN sectional and IN SS match. But due to the back order and lead times, it looks like I am SOL until June/July :(

I've skipped a few. My clubmates grumble when people don't attend, but heck I can't stomach the prices that are being asked to replace what I shoot.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I need to get the press going. I have some 9mm to shoot and am trying to get the last few pieces of my 650 toggether to start reloading. Since I have bullets, primers and some powder it will probably be cheaper to shoot 45 than 9 this year.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    BANG BANG BANG Ya cant take them with ya!! When I get everything straightened out I'll be blastin all year. Not gonna worry about it!! Almost every Sunday... If you look hard enough you can find components. A buddy of mine called this morning said he was in KY at Shooters Supply. And they had lots of cci primers on the self. SP SR LR LP $40.00 a 1000. They also had some powder. He said Unique was $150 for 8lbs. Kinda high since I just got 8lbs at Indy gun club for $106 plus tax.. I dought that the prices will return to what they were but save where you can and keep shooting!!

Just like ammo Components are starting to come back a little at a time just keep looking and good luck

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have decided to air gun all year. I have been playing air guitar for years so it seemed like a natural progression. If I don't enjoy it I will just stay home and play big Chief.

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    From an Enos post before it got deleted. Primers FTF in MI.

Ok Guys.

I'm always screaming foul when people try to gouge you for primers.

Mostly Sellior & Bellot small pistol primers and selling them for 40.00 per 1K I think a pretty fair price in todays crazy market. The Winchester small pistol will be 45.00 per 1K

Also have S&B small rifle and Federal small rifle and they are also going for 40.00 per K and I know thats a fair price.

Right now only asking for local sales. pickup in either 2 locations in Michigan. Sterling Heights and Livonia.

Either PM me here or call me at 0005862460967000 (Delete first 3 and last 3 zeros for correct number) for pick up details etc.

Hope this helps some out that are running low. No need for me to hoard them all

wow, that's pricey. I paid $25/1000 a couple weeks ago.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I have read where some clubs are changing their Steel Challenge from 5 strings to 4 strings per stage and keeping the best 3 runs because of ammo shortages.....

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    Reloading is the only option if I'm going to compete in everything I planned on this year. Since I've not reloaded before, it's pricey to start. However, with where ammo has gone, the payoff is faster.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Reloading is the only option if I'm going to compete in everything I planned on this year. Since I've not reloaded before, it's pricey to start. However, with where ammo has gone, the payoff is faster.

Good luck finding the equipment... I can't get shell plates for my hornady till May at this point...

Top Bottom