• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    For my birthday last year, my wife had an ammunition display case made for me by a family friend who makes custom cabinets. I'm a recent INGO member so I just thought I'd share. The row in the center is shotgun shells and rimfire ammo, including some big, old 45 caliber ones.

The case is screwed to the wall, and the screw holes are covered by trimmed off 400 Corbon brass.

8KhIM.jpg

20 MM case knob

daQTV.jpg

Ammo boxes I got from Grandpa.

dlpkM.jpg

These are actually older pictures, I have quite a few more cartridges in it now, but I don't have any updated pics. Maybe some day. Thanks for looking!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Significantly better wall hanging than unicorns and rainbows pictures! :)
    .....Seriously,though, that looks like some fine woodworking.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Cool display!

Question though-- how many times have you bumped it and had to stand them all back up? :D

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    been looking around for something like this for my gun room, but nothing come along, please if possible provide the guy info, he will sell more than one here.

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Cool display!

Question though-- how many times have you bumped it and had to stand them all back up? :D

Never, it's 1) Mounted out of the way and 2) Screwed firmly to the wall.

been looking around for something like this for my gun room, but nothing come along, please if possible provide the guy info, he will sell more than one here.

He doesn't normally take on side work like this, he only did it because the economy was bad enough last year that he didn't have a 6 month back log of orders.

The greatest thing was when I told an "old timer" gun collector (another family friend, from the other side of the family) about the case he showed up a month later with a gallon bag FULL of different calibers. A lot of weird stuff, some I've never seen before in person (like a half dozen large caliber rimfires, for example). Gotta love these guys.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Covering screw heads with brass! Wish I would have thought of that when I was building my house. I may have to steal,er I mean borrow that idea for some upcoming projects.

Top Bottom