• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I noticed my local Wal-Mart was completely out of almost all of their ammo the other night when trying to pick up some white box target rounds. All they had were .38 spc. I called a friend (also on the west side of Indy) who told me that he noticed the same thing at a nearby Meijer. Shocked to see a barren ammo case I asked the guy behind the counter at Wal-Mart if they weren’t going to carry ammo anymore but he assured me that its was on order.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    The same thing is going on with my on line supplier ammoman.com. He usually has a good variety of 308/7.62x51 surpluss ammo for my M1A but the last couple months he has been selling out of everything and all he has in stock is the expensive stuff.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Just got back from Wally world at 65 and County Line on the South side and they were pretty much cleared out of handgun ammo. They had some 38 special and 2 boxes of Blazer 40. I bought 1 box of Blazer. They had all kinds of rifle, shotgun and 22 though.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    A lot of the surplus is gone thanks to the UN telling the countries that supply it, like South Africa, that if they want UN aide, they stop shipping ammo. Of course, they roll over and take it. I guess they get more money from the UN than from our buying their ammo. Other less expensive imports are being held up by various other tactics, like import restrictions. I wonder how much our own government is diverting ammo to their former "War on Terror".

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    It's even getting hard to find .22 ammo. I hate to contribute to the shortage, but I've been on a 22LR buying frenzy lately due to concerns of future availability. Last week I bought all the Federal Champion (510) the Bloomington WalMart had.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Hmmm... its been multiplying in my stash.;) But I may be shooting less now too.

My local Wally Worlds are about cleaned out too, they act like they just havent received any more in... I thought maybe they were going to quit selling ammo??:dunno:

I am going to pick up the last few boxes of 9mm and .22 bulk packs tomorrow.... location is undisclosed!!!:draw:

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The pipeline will fill, and one day we'll be flush with ammo. In this economy, the demand and price for brass is down, and with demand for ammo so high, it is a no brainer for manufacturers to maximize production because it equals more profit. What other business is making money these days? They know this won't last forever, so they need to make what they can now.

My goal is a 2k round stash of .223, 1k of 9mm, and probably 200 of .380. I've already got 2.5k of .22LR, which is more than I'll need. I'm just buying slowly, whenever I see an opportunity at a fair price.

Buyers will be either running out of money or their wives will start squawking about how much they are dumping into this stuff, too. I'm sure my wife is on the verge of having it catch her attention. I've bought 2 ARs, and 2 handguns in 2 months. I've also bought a scope and a bunch of mags.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    wally on emerson ave. seemed to be newly replenished today.my daughter called today and ask me for 41 rimfire.she is in tenn. i told her to look in her garage in the cabinet.i hope she is not playing with guns

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Just got back from Wally world at 65 and County Line on the South side and they were pretty much cleared out of handgun ammo. They had some 38 special and 2 boxes of Blazer 40. I bought 1 box of Blazer. They had all kinds of rifle, shotgun and 22 though.

Yup! Im convinced sumn is up - more than we all suspect.

Every wally world I go to and even the local Rural King....

COMPLETELY OUT OF 9MM, 40, AND 380.

Not a piece of brass to be found!

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana

I was looking at the prices at Precision Cartridge in Hobart, in and they SEEM to be in line with everyone else. I personally would rather purchase locally if I could get them for about the same price to save shipping. Take a look and see for yourself:
    Precision Cartridge, Inc. - Ammunition in 380, 9mm, 38, 357 Mag., 357 Sig., 10mm, 40 S&W, 41, 44, 45.

The pricelist for normal pistol calibers is:
    http://www.precisioncartridge.com/R...on-Commercial-Wholesale-Price-List-Page-1.pdf

9mm run $148-$206 per 1K
    .40S&W run $180-$222 per 1K
    .45 $198-295 per 1K
    .223 Rem $315-$395

If you are local to Hobart you can pick it up there instead of them shipping it. I for one fulling intend to patronize them, UNLESS someone can show me a better deal on 9mm and .40S&W. only bad thing (if you can call it that) is the fact that you have to buy in lots of 500 with a 1K minimum order. I wonder if they would offer ingo members a discount?? Hmm....

Greg

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The guy at the Noblesville Wal-Mart told us yesterday that the manufacturers have slowed down on their production because they don't want to have an excess of ammo in the event that they aren't allow to sell it anymore. I don't know how true that is. The cabinets were very low. He did have .22 in though. He said he got 14 boxes in of .9 the other day and some guy came in and bought all 14 boxes.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    well hey all sorry its been so long since i have been on. I have moved out to Az and have not had time to get on here with all the job hunting.

yet i digress. i am haveing this same problume of lack of ammo at stores here it seems to be 9mm really though. i have not been able to find any any where since i left IN in oct. and i went to the store yesterday and they now have it but i was not happy when they didnt have it.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The Camby Walmart is down to 2 boxes of .32acp and some revolver cartridges.... plenty of shotshells and .22s.....

I wanted some more WWB in 9 & .45 but they were out, so I bought the last 5 boxes of Federal .22lr bulk packs (red 550 boxes). These are HP and shoot in all of my pistols and rifles w/o issue. So I added another 2750 to the cache.

Alot of local shops have plenty of ammo, but I just cant pay those case prices: $400+ for .223!!! I reload and I have about 10K+ of commercial and surplus .223/ 5.56 stashed away.

Top Bottom