• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There's a gentleman that only sells Ammunition at the 1500. He's always there, in the same spot and brings a ton of ammunition. If you're looking at the South Pavilion from 38th st, he would be near the back left corner. Anyway, he had some great looking reloads at the last show, but I didn't buy any. Does anyone know who this is and / or know the quality of his reloads? I wanted to buy some .380 or maybe some 9mm. I did buy some factory bulk ammo, but wouldn't mind some cheaper reloads for target practice.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Big guy, all the ammo is in blue plastic boxes? If so, I think he is from Sullivan Co. and does a lot of area shows. I have bought a lot of ammo from him in the last 15 years or so and it has all been reliable. His prices, while good, used to be great before components caught up with loaded ammo inflation wise.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This guy was tall and skinny. Nothing was in blue plastic that I remember, but I know who you're talking about. He had tons of factory boxes, some bulk factory boxes and reloads sitting out.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Big guy, all the ammo is in blue plastic boxes? If so, I think he is from Sullivan Co. and does a lot of area shows. I have bought a lot of ammo from him in the last 15 years or so and it has all been reliable. His prices, while good, used to be great before components caught up with loaded ammo inflation wise.

I buy from him every 1500. His ammo always goes bang. No complaints here. I have his business card at home. Let me know if you want it.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I buy from him every 1500. His ammo always goes bang. No complaints here. I have his business card at home. Let me know if you want it.
    Sure I'd love his information.

I think he's talking about the black and yellow boxed reloads guy. Precision cartridge inc. I've bought many rounds from him and they're quality reloads. Don't think I've ever had a ftf, fte or stove pipe issue.

940 Georgiana street
    hobart, IN 46342
    219-942-2400
    Precision Cartridge, Inc. - Ammunition in 380, 9mm, 38, 357 Mag., 357 Sig., 10mm, 40 S&W, 41, 44, 45.

This could be it. I'll pay better attention next time. Either way, I now know two places to get decent quality reloads from.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I've been buying boxes of the Precision stuff. I have been happy with it. Bought a couple boxes of .357 mag ammo at the Valpo show for like 19 bucks/box....much cheaper than factory stuff. The 1500 guy was a few bucks more/box than that(shipping maybe...dunno). Regardless, I'll keep buying it for plinking ammo until I get up to par reloading my own...

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Sorry to say the card I had got pitched in the trash. Strangely enough I remember it had no phone or web address on it. Just his name. Last name was Waldrip... First name I think was Jim.
    All of his ammo was in blue plastic cases. He reloads it himself.
    Always has a lady working with him. She does most of the selling.
    They have been at the last four 1500's for sure. Sorry I can't come up with more. Google was little help.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Something to keep in mind with buying "gun show reloads"

They're not all created equal.

From a professional reloader like Precision or Red Star ammo from INGO's own Profire Arms / Azerigian is one thing...

But to buy from a "guy" is a whole other ball game.

All in all - doesn't make any difference to ME, but I certainly know who I'd rather buy from...

Choose wisely.

-J-

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Something to keep in mind with buying "gun show reloads"

They're not all created equal.

From a professional reloader like Precision or Red Star ammo from INGO's own Profire Arms / Azerigian is one thing...

But to buy from a "guy" is a whole other ball game.

All in all - doesn't make any difference to ME, but I certainly know who I'd rather buy from...

Choose wisely.

-J-

This is exactly why I started this thread. This guy seemed legit, but who knows? I really wanted to buy some .380 re-loads to break in a new gun. He was selling 500 reloads for ~$150 I think. They looked great, but you can never tell. Maybe I'll see if he has some lower quantities at the next show. I love factory ammo, but I'm not made of money :).

EDIT: I have 380 posts. Weird.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Sorry to say the card I had got pitched in the trash. Strangely enough I remember it had no phone or web address on it. Just his name. Last name was Waldrip... First name I think was Jim.
    All of his ammo was in blue plastic cases. He reloads it himself.
    Always has a lady working with him. She does most of the selling.
    They have been at the last four 1500's for sure. Sorry I can't come up with more. Google was little help.

The card I have from him list an E Mail

mkb42h8kurtz@gmail.com

I have bought from him a few times, never had any problems.

tflgen2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Westside
    A&G Supply
    These guys are always there selling Precision Cartridge.
    I bought a bag of 500 .380s when we got my wife's P238. No issues what-so-ever with the ammo.

Spoke with them today about getting more .45s for my 1911. They ship UPS ground, but attend most shows in IN. The next one they're going to be at is the Tipton Gun and Knife show on 4/12 Tipton Gun & Knife Show | April 2014 Tipton, IN gun show by Tipton Gun Shows LLC

Prices on their site are accurate, even if the site is dated.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've bought ammo from Jim before but it is usually HTF ammo like 50-70 gov't, 30-40 krag etc. he also attends the tri-state shows held at the armory. He is g2g and has more specialty loads vs precision

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've bought ammo from Jim before but it is usually HTF ammo like 50-70 gov't, 30-40 krag etc. he also attends the tri-state shows held at the armory. He is g2g and has more specialty loads vs precision

This is great information. Thanks everyone for replying!

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    You're almost definitely talking about Brass Kings.

He has some factory ammo as well as loaded ammo in clear plastic bags.

He's in exactly the spot you described.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom