• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walking Bear

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2017
    Floyds Knobs
    Had to pick up some lantern mantles and went to Bass Pro in Jeffersonville and they had ammo for sale. 9MM, 22, and shotgun shells. Other calibers but mostly odd ball stuff. Guess things are looking up.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Ammo....you 'saw' ammo...wow!
    Wrigley's in Fort Wayne has managed to keep a few boxes on the shelves through most of this plandemic...
    These past few months, they're back stocked most of the time!
    .22lr is probably their weak point, but they regularly have .380, 9mm, .40, .45, .38, .357 mag & SIG, etc. + lots of rifle and shotgun rounds!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hearing about primers too. Still too expensive but their lasting almost an hour online now.
    Had a bunch of cci and federal small rifle and pistol primers in stock at my Cabelas this past weekend. $69.99 per brick for the CCIs and $74.99 per brick for the Federals. The Federals were the Gold medal match ones

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Cabela's in Dayton Ohio had Herter's 9mm 124 gr FMJ for 17.00 a box last week
    Even though I still flinch at $17, it is not out of line these days.

That reminds me of an experience in a gunstore about 1975. A man wanted a box of .45acp. "gimme the good ones" he said. The clerk put a box of Winchester SuperX on the counter and said $8.95 plus tax. The man came unglued, NINE DOLLARS! NINE DOLLARS!, for a box of .45,?!? That is crazy! and more "colorful" language.

I'll bet we would all stand in line to buy boxes of .45 SuperX for $9.00 at this point in time.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Yeah, and I just saw a unicorn pooping Skittles. :stickpoke:

But seriously. I've started to see some on the shelves of a few places lately. Rural King in Jasper actually had quite a bit of .223, 9mm, and .22lr last time I was in there, and prices were reasonable. Local shop was getting in a decent variety but not really large quantities, especially hunting ammo.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I stopped at point blank last week. They had a crap ton of the popular ammo calibers on the shelf, but very proud of it by the price…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Even though I still flinch at $17, it is not out of line these days.

That reminds me of an experience in a gunstore about 1975. A man wanted a box of .45acp. "gimme the good ones" he said. The clerk put a box of Winchester SuperX on the counter and said $8.95 plus tax. The man came unglued, NINE DOLLARS! NINE DOLLARS!, for a box of .45,?!? That is crazy! and more "colorful" language.

I'll bet we would all stand in line to buy boxes of .45 SuperX for $9.00 at this point in time.
    If people really cared about the price of ammo, they would stock pile deep when it was cheap. But they do not, because they do not care.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    If people really cared about the price of ammo, they would stock pile deep when it was cheap. But they do not, because they do not care.

The suoer cheap days were going away even before the pandemic. In 2020 the costs were scheduled to go up 10 to 15% (per the ammo companies). Even without a pandemic. This was due to the comapies ate the costs of materials rising but kept prices consistent.

So when all this clears we will probably have 14 dollar a box FMJ 9mm as the new norm.

Will be interesting either way

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I had someone text me a picture of 9mm 124 gr FMJ in fifty round boxes on the shelf of the Avon Rural King at $21.99 ea, limit of six boxes, but it was all gone the next day when I got there.
    So maybe it is coming back, and I hope coming down.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I-see-dead-people.gif

Top Bottom