• ...and so much more!
  • LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    List of USA Ammo Mfg.?

I was looking to purchase some bulk ammo, 1000rds+ of 9mm, .45acp, and .223;as I'm tired of worrying about running out before a range day with my family.However, due to the issues facing our country with so many individuals out ofwork; my family and I have been trying to purchase products made in theUSA....rather than the cheaper product that has been made overseas and shippedin. Besides everyone doing their part to turn out and vote, IMO consumerpurchasing power is one of the areas where a few individuals can become many.This is also one of the areas where we as a nation have made mistakes in thepast. As it is only logical to learn from the past; in order to help keep thefactories, jobs, and dollars here in the US; I believe we need to be faithful tothose companies who produce their products in the USA.

I doubt that I'll ever be president, but that doesn’t mean I can’t do mypart in helping strengthen our country, our economy, and our neighbors in needby developing the mindset that buying the cheapest is not always the bestdecision. I believe this can be accomplished not only through personal actionbut also through educating my children to do the same.

My father was in law enforcement for 25 years, and always noted how muchcheaper it was to buy ammo in bulk. So there is some savings to be had in thatregard. But I was wondering; if anyone has a list of ammo mfg. made in the USA?Spending a little more can go a long way, especially when you think of theimpact this forgotten idea can have on the consumer industry as a whole. Wouldn’tit be nice to go to midwayusa.com, bulkammo.com, or cheaperthandirt.com and seea search menu for products made in the USA?

Ask yourself, if we are called to be a Christians on the other six days ofthe week, why can’t we feel patriotic on the other 364 days of the year? :patriot:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I gotta say, this isn't like textiles or produce. It's a hard commodity product and it is PAINFULLY obvious as to its country of origin. Keep in mind that our primary economic competitor, China, is not allowed to import ammo into this country. The vast majority of the imported ammo comes from Russia and other eastern bloc countries, and a small percentage comes from south america and mexico. That's it!

That being said, if you want ammo that's 100% made in the united states by an american craftsman paying sales and income tax to the State of Indiana, look no further than Red Star ammo by Profire Arms and Supply.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I buy components made in the USA and assemble them in my garage. Doesn't get more American than that!

:patriot:

LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    First of all, thankyou for the reponses. Ive been looking for awhile now and its not as easy as one would think to find where products are actually made. Gotta be some reason to that....

Red Star was interesting. But I did not see 9mm listed on Red Star's pricing list, which I thought was odd. But their site did say to contact them for additional calibers. Just read another INGO thread about them, seem to be a pretty popular place.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    +1 for Profire and Red Star. Andrew will answer any questions and load what you want. FMJ, lead, Plated or JHP's... tell him what you want and he will work up a price for you.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Remington, Winchester, Federal, Speer, Blazer and Fiocchi(I think it's made in MO) are a few off the top of the noggin for CF pistol.....

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Top Bottom