• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Like everyone, I've been looking everywhere for ammo. All of the shelves in my area are empty and all of my online sources are out of stock. For some reason, I happened on the Sig site and they had 45 Colt in the blemished column. I ordered and received two boxes of 45 Colt. Unfortunately, it's 45 Long Colt. I'm almost positive I can't return it.
    Welcome to INGO. Yep, ammo can't be returned. A couple of possible options for you would be to take it to the next gun show in Seymour, IN on Sept. 19 & 20 and sell it or trade it for ammo you need. The second possible option is to buy a gun in .45 Long Colt caliber at the gun show and shoot up the rounds.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yeah. He originally had his phone number listed for people to buy his ammo. I predict he won't be back to this thread...or INGO for that matter.

I was going to say they won't be back based off their join year and all that jazz.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    My first time reloading 30-30 shells I ordered a Hornady projectile that was just one number off of what I actually needed. I believe it was intended to go in a 444 marlin. Because I was (may still be) rather a novice in loading I stuck it in my rifle. The bullet protruded so far from my casing I just about never got it out of the chamber.
    Lesson learned.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    My first time reloading 30-30 shells I ordered a Hornady projectile that was just one number off of what I actually needed. I believe it was intended to go in a 444 marlin. Because I was (may still be) rather a novice in loading I stuck it in my rifle. The bullet protruded so far from my casing I just about never got it out of the chamber.
    Lesson learned.

How in the world did you load a case intended for .308" bullets with a .429" bullet without collapsing the whole thing?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Pet Peeve:

It's .45 Colt. Period.

But it came out when .45 Schofield was still a big deal. It's shorter than the .45 Colt. Can shoot .45 Schofield from a .45 Colt gun (generally), but not the other way around.

In essence, it's like the relationship between .38 Special and .357 Mag.

The real solution to OP's problem is to get a revolver in .460 S&W Mag. Then you can step down to .454 Casull. And then step down to .45 Colt. And then step down to .45 Schofield.

Got me one of them thar hand cannons, back in the before time, when the .46S&W wasn't born yet.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Got me one of them thar hand cannons, back in the before time, when the .46S&W wasn't born yet.

I've shot a few rounds of .45 Colt out of a Judge - but that's my only experience with them. I've shot a .500 S&W Mag 3-4 times. But I've yet to shoot the .454 or .460. And I want to. :-)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom