• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    I didn't know ammo is non-returnable (via UPS) per Federal law.

I must have accidentally clicked the wrong button and bought non-hollow point rounds. Company says I can't return them per Federal law?

I suppose I'd of had to have known a head of time and just refused the shipment?

Luckily they were the right caliber so not that big a deal, but the HP would have been preferrable.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What company? Personally, I think it's BS unless they can provide a legal citation. It isn't against the law to ship ammo; it just has to be properly packaged and labeled.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I am uncertain it has anything to do with shipping. The ammunition was shipped to you, so it can most certainly be shipped back.

Most places, including local shops, walmarts, Gander Mtn, etc won't accept returns on ammunition due to "safety reasons" for fear of tampering, etc....but I have been unable to find any "Federal Law" that states this would be a violation.

Although it may be a company policy, I agree with shooter521 and would ask to see some legal citation if their reasoning is federal law.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

I must have accidentally clicked the wrong button and bought non-hollow point rounds. Company says I can't return them per Federal law?

I suppose I'd of had to have known a head of time and just refused the shipment?

Luckily they were the right caliber so not that big a deal, but the HP would have been preferrable.

Sell it on here for a "break-even" price and save the wasted shipping charges?? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    "In accordance with federal law, returns on ammunition cannot be accepted "

I did however find this on a website concerning the return of ammunition??

My curiousity is now sparked and I am on a mission to see if this so called "federal law" exists!

:scratch:

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    What company? Personally, I think it's BS unless they can provide a legal citation. It isn't against the law to ship ammo; it just has to be properly packaged and labeled.

Company was Buffalo Bore.

I'm not really knocking the company, just curious as to the law cited regarding this. My fault I ordered the wrong one but just assumed I could ship it back and exchange it. But I guess it's a big deal?

Just checked the fine print at the bottom: "You must be 18 or older to order ammunition. Ammunition must ship UPS ground. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on Ammunition. Make sure to use the correct ammunition in your gun. Check local laws before ordering."

That being said...anybody want to buy some?

380 Auto +P Ammo - 100 gr. Hardcast F.N. (1150fps/ M.E. 294 ft. lbs.) - 20 Round Box

2 boxes

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

I'm not really knocking the company, just curious as to the law cited regarding this. My fault I ordered the wrong one but just assumed I could ship it back and exchange it. But I guess it's a big deal?

Just checked the fine print at the bottom: "You must be 18 or older to order ammunition. Ammunition must ship UPS ground. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on Ammunition. Make sure to use the correct ammunition in your gun. Check local laws before ordering."

380 Auto +P Ammo - 100 gr. Hardcast F.N. (1150fps/ M.E. 294 ft. lbs.) - 20 Round Box

2 boxes

Price??? :dunno:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Guys been falling all over each other looking for .380 lol...

2 boxes

damdayshifter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    georgetown
    AMMO IS NON-RETURNABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if a wacko were to buy a box of ammo and pull the projectile from any one casing. Then fill it full of c4, repress it in, and return the lot saying, "I made a mistake and bought the wrong bullets!" Now think about your child behind the trigger..................:twocents:

damdayshifter

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    What if a wacko were to buy a box of ammo and pull the projectile from any one casing. Then fill it full of c4, repress it in, and return the lot saying, "I made a mistake and bought the wrong bullets!" Now think about your child behind the trigger..................:twocents:

damdayshifter

Who is to say the UPS man didn't do it first?

Regardless, a return is a return and should be inspected by the company once returned just like any other item sold.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    66MustangCvt makes a good point, there are many people that touch the package of ammo once it leaves the originating manufacturer.

I however am not arguing the danger/safety of it nor a particular company policy. (Personally I wouldn't want to purchase returned ammo either.) I am trying to determine if in fact a company can state it is against "federal law" (rather than company policy or some other reasoning) to return ammunition and be correct in doing so. The OP (and others including myself) weren't aware such a law existed.

damdayshifter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    georgetown
    Who is to say the UPS man didn't do it first?

Regardless, a return is a return and should be inspected by the company once returned just like any other item sold.

My UPS man would not sabotage my ammo....He would ask me to sell it to him at the same price that I payed and he would take it home a list it for sell on this web-site for three times the price!:D

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    Guys been falling all over each other looking for .380 lol...

I just stopped at Bradis on my lunch break. There was an older couple (70s) there in front of me asking if they had 380 auto. The answer was no, not sure when or if any will be showing up soon...on order. Answered my question without having to ask it. Turned around and left.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Since UPS accepts the shipment of ammo, I am assuming that there is no federal law prohibiting such. It kind of appears like you got involved with a "know-it-all" who didn't know squat. Or maybe it was his way to "pass the buck" and blame someone else so he didn't look like the bad guy?

UPS: Shipping Firearms

Top Bottom