• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Asking to see peoples "stockpile" is kind of like asking to see pics of someones alarms system at home. Some people wont mind but the majority of us like to keep that a secret plus it will tent to scare people off because they dont know you or know why you want too see pics of their stockpile. The best advice I can give you is to just buy what you can afford but be sure to distribute your funds between ammo, weapons, food and water evenly. all the ammo in the world wont help you if you are dying of thirst or hunger.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Asking to see peoples "stockpile" is kind of like asking to see pics of someones alarms system at home. Some people wont mind but the majority of us like to keep that a secret plus it will tent to scare people off because they dont know you or know why you want too see pics of their stockpile. The best advice I can give you is to just buy what you can afford but be sure to distribute your funds between ammo, weapons, food and water evenly. all the ammo in the world wont help you if you are dying of thirst or hunger.

So true, and a point that many gunloving/preppers seem to miss. I've got a friend who has stocked no food or water but has stocked 22 ammo in the belief that people will gladly trade him their food and water for it. Not happening.

As to the question of the OP, I try to keep stocked on components that I reload for and keep a goodly stash of 22 around (that I can't reload for).

kriggo15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Southern IN
    Hemi, I understand the concern and appreciate the reply. Those that are concerned need not reply. Perhaps the opening post wasn't phrasedas intended.

Boiled, Thanks for the link.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I keep enough ammo on hand so that I can shoot as much as I regularly do regardless of shortages like the most recent one. In this case I have 6-7 years of ammo and reloading supplies.

Since I shoot daily, it'd be a several lifetime supply for the guy who only shoots a box or two a month.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I keep 50 rounds loaded for each gun I have.

Actually I think I still have a footlocker full of 223 and 22-250 from our last parrie dog hunt is South Dakota.

Other than that its only one box per gun. :whistle:

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    I have about 600 rounds of 5.56 I have. Half of that is loaded into 30 round mags. I have only about 60 rounds .308 for my bolt action, and about 50 rounds .45 acp. I need more of the latter two. Basically if you can't go shooting all day for three days you probably don't have enough ammo.

armymp15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I keep 2000 for the AK's, 1500-2000 for the AR's, and 500+ per handgun 45ACP, 9mm, and 40 S&W. And when ever I shoot a have some reloaded and just replace what I shoot, so I replenish my stock.

Top Bottom