Ammo outside a gun safety video. Fire, Drop and more.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlOXowwC4c&feature=youtu.be

Great video. They do a number of tests to show the minimal danger posed by ammo going of outside a firearm. I imagine most here are experienced enough that they know a round going off outside the chamber posses little danger, but this video really goes all out showing that even large quantities pose little risk. I've heard of peoples significant others, friends etc. being afraid of dropping a box of ammo, or leaving it in a hot car. This video should hopefully put any concerns anyone has to rest.

Edit: Warning. May be NSFW because you may start yelling at the monitor as the video goes on and you see the amount of ammo destroyed.

jlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Interesting. I would've liked to see rimfire included in some of the tests -- particularly the drop and crush tests.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What?!

But I saw a video where a 12 gauge shell rolled off a table and detonated. It was posted here on INGO so it has to be real.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    My dad told me when he was a kid he would go to the corner market and buy .22 rimfires for something like 10 for a penny... Anyway and on the way to wherever would take one and throw it on the ground and make it go bang. No problems, just kids having fun...

Gunner

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    My dad told me when he was a kid he would go to the corner market and buy .22 rimfires for something like 10 for a penny... Anyway and on the way to wherever would take one and throw it on the ground and make it go bang. No problems, just kids having fun...
    Gunner

I don't ever remember it being that cheap, but I do remember buying Win Super X LR at the local Co-op elevator for a penny a round. A box of 50 was about $.39 or $.40. We never threw one down and had it explode but do remember the neighbor kid smashing one on the cement step with either a rock or hammer to set it off. It did go bang, nobody was hurt, but he quit as it did draw some attention from our parents. Found something else to do in a big hurry! :)

Top Bottom