• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I was told, and had seen posted before on various boards and forums, that on 1 May ammunition prices would increase at most retail outlets and whosalers.:dunno:

I held my breath, and bought 500 rds of WWB .180 gr .40 just days before the end of the month of April.

This weekend I visited a Wal-Mart in Idianapolis, and found no change to the prior prices there.:rockwoot:

Whew any changes anybody else notice around the state?!?:ar15:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Nope...not down here. thats usually how price increases happen though...some rumor starts about a increase or whatever and the next thing ya know everyone freaks out and runs to the nearest store and buys all they can..before ya know it manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up with demand and then some businesses raise prices to take advantage of it. price is regulated by supply and demand. I say we all stop buying ammo for 6 months...then this time next year we'll be back to paying $5 for a box of 9mm.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    No, the increase is at the distribution/manufacturer level on orders shipped after May 1. So it will be a month or so until that ammo hits the market and we see the increase.

Don't believe it if you want but I can link you to the letters sent out by the 3 major manufacturers.

WalMart and any other store can choose to increase their prices or not, but they always goes up. Just doesn't mean they won't go up on the same day.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    "Don't believe it if you want but I can link you to the letters sent out by the 3 major manufacturers."
    Link please..thanks.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Around here, except for Wally world, 9mm has gone up about a dollar for a box of 50 over the last 6 months. Used to be able to get the basic box of remi or federal/american eagle for about $12.50. Pretty much about $14 a box now except the WWB at Walmart. Either that or I have been forgetting my coupons...

kenyo64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Lead shot went to $38 a bag.
    Back in 1999 when I sold shot to our club shooters it was $12.50 :xmad::xmad:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    wlapok.jpg

ATK, is CCI, Federal, and Speer. Many other letters like this were received by myself from others manufacturers as well as many of our distributors.

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    Is is likely casue of the wild commodities market. Im sure their raw materials cost have been rising like crazy ... until last week

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I was in GM yesterday, talking to one of the guy I know who works there, and he said that the price of ammo was going to climb for a while because of materials. I thought it was some new stupid government tax or something, but he said no, it was because the cost of the metals was going up again.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Several of us do combined bulk orders of shotgun shells for our trap shooting, the increase is in affect for new orders. I suppose (rightly so) that the retail stores aren't increasing prices on ammo already on the shelves.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I believe the rumors, just seeing if what I had heard was true or not, I had a sweet spot selling me WWB 50 rd boxes of 180 GR FMJ .40 at $11.54 a box, or $115.46 (incl tax) for 500 rds. That was the last week in April I bought the .40 (10 boxes) and a freind went by the same store the other day and the boxes went from $12.99 to $19.99. I got 10% off since my wife works for the chain, but it looks like my sweet spot has gone sour. But I have not noticed any increase in ammo at any east side or Hamilton County Wal-Mart stores .

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    soo? your saying i should wait a month to sell some of my stock pile off? hmmm? right? hey this is like insider trading info... lol

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    It was not too many months ago that I was buying 9mm at the Bluffton Wal Mart for $10.47 a box for the basic stuff. Now they seem to be getting up into the Gander Mountain price range. I did not have much to do with a $20 gift card, so I blew it on a bulk pack of 100 for $29.99 plus tax. I had to look at it like I was getting a 100 for $12 and some change from them. Can't wait to feel the adverse impacts of the obummers taxes he is planning on putting to us. 22s are getting expensive to shoot. I am really thinking about buying me a Mosin Nagant and several cases of 7.62 x 54R because that seems to getting to be the most inexpensive way to shoot nowadays. Probably will never see $10-12 a brick of 22a ever again.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I can tell you that the prices in the Cheaper Than Dirt catalog have gone up, if you look at their web site. I am looking at .223 Tula to be more specific and the 'U' Russian manufacture (can't spell it and it is spelled a couple of different ways).

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    No, the increase is at the distribution/manufacturer level on orders shipped after May 1. So it will be a month or so until that ammo hits the market and we see the increase.

You mean dealers are not increasing the price on existing stock like the gas stations do:rolleyes:

DRK GLobal said he won't be ordering anymore ammo or primers till the Fall season and expects at least a 10% price increase:(

Top Bottom