• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    when i bought my house, the PO had left a few things behind. one of them was a small wooden cabinet, kinda looked like an old HI FI cabinet from the 50's or 60's, he had installed a couple shelves inside it, and probably used it to store his powertools.
    it made a perfect ammo storage cabinet. nobody would suspect whats inside....

:cheers:

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Does anyone color code boxes with tape or paint so you can quick reference what is in it visually in a glance? I was thinking of doing this because my labels keep falling off. I was thinking of buying a pack of colored electrical tape and ringing them in colors by caliber.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm going away from using the metal 50 cal cans and switching into the plastic MTM Ammo Crates.

I really want to weld together a custom shelf to sit atop of my Fatboy safe. Right now the ammo is stacked up there on heavy plastic shelving and it's failing. Pics later this spring once it's all welded and powder coated.

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    I love the "30 cal" plastic ammo cans from Rural King. They stack well and have smooth corners. That and a bag of desicant packets make great storage indoors. If I leave anything outside or in the Garage I use military cans. Also I got some plastic 30 cal cans from Harbor Freight a while back that look identical, but they won't stack together with the other brands..

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    I'm going away from using the metal 50 cal cans and switching into the plastic MTM Ammo Crates.

I really want to weld together a custom shelf to sit atop of my Fatboy safe. Right now the ammo is stacked up there on heavy plastic shelving and it's failing. Pics later this spring once it's all welded and powder coated.

I'm using some metal shelving from Amazon in our kitchen right now and they are excellent. They are adjustable and will hold something like 250lbs per shelf so you may want to look into those. The 3 shelf units were a little over 20 each, the 5 shelf isn't too much more. I will never buy another plastic shelf after finding these.

Top Bottom