• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Went to a auction this morning with dad, and picked up 700rds of 8mm mauser for 75 bucks, they all came in these green pouches, and all came on stripper clips. Was so excited about the purchase I had to post it, lol

004-1.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Looks like Turk to me. A little on the hot side but usually acceptably accurate. And yes, that is a very good price, most prices I've seen for it lately are $18-$20 a bandoleer.

Yea they shoot real well. And yes on the hot side(you deffinatly know you pulled the trigger:rockwoot:) they have no problem going through 1/2" plate steel,lol

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Wow, that was a great deal! I haven't seen much Turkish Mauser ammo lately anywhere. Well, I did see some on Guns America. A Thousand rounds sold for 300 bucks if I remember right.

I need to start going to auctions.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Wow, that was a great deal! I haven't seen much Turkish Mauser ammo lately anywhere. Well, I did see some on Guns America. A Thousand rounds sold for 300 bucks if I remember right.

I need to start going to auctions.

Im gonna keep goin to them, it was just a farm auction dad went to check out the tractors, an they ended up havin the mauser ammo, and a bunch of handgun ammo that went for pretty cheap id say.

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Nice find! I have some of that Turk ammo too, a few hundred rds of it. Like others said it's hot compared to other 8mm I've shot. The Turk ammo I have is all from the 1940's.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I dont really know what era its from, but from what Ive seen on here I dnt know if I want to shoot that much of it. seems to be a hard item to come across. May just get some other stuff to plink around with,lol

Top Bottom