• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    Finally got a whole bunch of .22lr that I had on back order from MidwayUSA for somewhere around 6 months. Is the shortage about over? prices starting to get back to normal?

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Glad you found some .22lr. Still can't find any around Evansville for a decent price. Everything else has come back and is coming down in price.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I was in my local Rural King tonight and the shelves were stocked fairly well. No .22 though.

To answer your question, IMHO, yes I think it's easing up.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    In most areas the overall shortage is easing up, but pistol powder and 22 rimfire are still very difficult to find at sub-gouger prices.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I have see most common calibers (rimfire excluded) on a regular basis when I have looked at the Walmarts I have been to.

The ammo case at my local Wal-Mart has a pretty nice selection now. 22LR doesn't last but a couple of hours, but at least it comes in weekly. My buddy has purchased 5000 rounds of .22LR there in the past two weeks alone.

wcarlile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    I like the ammo makers seam to focus on those who sale firearms over big box stores. I feel that is great because they most of the time promo training and safety.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I hope .22 comes available. Daughter and I went out and shot through 2/3 of a brick today. Only have 1 more brick before I'm out. It will probably be the last time I break the Henry out until I get some more. Save it for the daughter.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    About the only caliber I had problems getting, during the shortage that is, was .380 ACP & 9mm. Never had any problems with .40 S&W. I was also getting .30-06 and 7.62 x 54r pretty regular too. I don't own any .22 LR guns anymore...got tired of having no fodder for them.

Top Bottom