• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    I've been browsing thru different forums and it seems that some states are harder hit than others. I assume it all depends on how populous the state is and the proportion of gun owners. Florida, I hear has a very severe shortage.

I drive up to Flint Michigan every so often on work assignments and I make sure I drop by the gun stores on the way. It seems that Michigan area Gander mountains etc, at least on my 69 route are fairly low on stock but I'm still able to pick up a couple of bricks of 9mm.

I just found out that there is a Cabela's up in the Saginaw area. I'm looking forward to visiting up there. Perhaps I'll finally find a 10/22 takedown.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I was in NE Wisconsin last week. Like us, .22LR and .223 was scarce, but the shelves were well stocked with everything else. They all had a 10 box or 1 bulk packet limit, but I was able to find 10 boxes of steel case .223 and 10 boxes of Federal .22LF without much effort.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    It is just a baby Cabela's but only a mile west of the Saginaw bypass (I675).

I visited the Saginaw Cabelas and it's pretty sizeable. If this is a "baby" it would be interesting to see how big a regular Cabela's is.

Bummed out, no 10/22 Ruger Takedown. Rows of shelves for ammo that are all cleaned out.

Luckily i found a LGS that had some 9mm in stock.

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    In my part of Georgia you can find hollow points but that's about it. No .22lr or 9mm. Everything else is plentiful if you want to pay for it...

jfootman02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vincennes
    Got last 3 bricks of Blazer .22 from archery store for $30. Funny thing is that he was high when he got them in (dust on the boxes), now seems to be fair asking price. None of the other LGS have "low-end" .22 or 9mm for that matter.

medicr224

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    In NW Indiana ammo is hit and miss I am finding. I did score a brick of .22 LR the other day but had to ask the clerk if they had some hidden and they did :) seems there is more 9mm and 45 starting to show up lately

bikeman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've been browsing thru different forums and it seems that some states are harder hit than others. I assume it all depends on how populous the state is and the proportion of gun owners. Florida, I hear has a very severe shortage.

I drive up to Flint Michigan every so often on work assignments and I make sure I drop by the gun stores on the way. It seems that Michigan area Gander mountains etc, at least on my 69 route are fairly low on stock but I'm still able to pick up a couple of bricks of 9mm.

I just found out that there is a Cabela's up in the Saginaw area. I'm looking forward to visiting up there. Perhaps I'll finally find a 10/22 takedown.[/QUOTE

I was just in the Flint area and stopped by Guns Galore in Fenton. They were fully stocked with ammo and had lots of guns in stock. They are located south of Flint on 23. It is well worth the stop.

MorePowerWes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Palmyra, In
    Southern IN is difficult to find ANY handgun ammo. .223 and 5.56 are scarce as well. Forget Walmart, Bass Pro, or any of the other big shops. The Mom and Pop shops still have some, but are limited.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    I was just in the Flint area and stopped by Guns Galore in Fenton. They were fully stocked with ammo and had lots of guns in stock. They are located south of Flint on 23. It is well worth the stop.

I'll drop by this week. Thanks for the tip!

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    kentucky, as fars up as springfield il. to ofallon il. and hammond in. i can not find 22lr. but hammond cabeleas has quite abit of 7.62x39 herters for about $8 .i found more 45acp in il. than anywhere. 22lr and 223 is still abust.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I was in NE Wisconsin last week. Like us, .22LR and .223 was scarce, but the shelves were well stocked with everything else. They all had a 10 box or 1 bulk packet limit, but I was able to find 10 boxes of steel case .223 and 10 boxes of Federal .22LF without much effort.

Where did you find that? About the only thing I can find up here in any quantity is Russian surplus in 7.62 or 5.45.

junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    the funny thing is if you certain websites, you can find all the ammo you dont see in stores. but they jack the prices, and the funny thing people are actually paying for it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was just in Nashville, TN and the shelves were completely empty where I went. I was really hoping to find some of the basics.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    In my part of Georgia you can find hollow points but that's about it. No .22lr or 9mm. Everything else is plentiful if you want to pay for it...

The internet has made it a small world. Let's say some small town in Iowa was unaffected, people will still buy up the ammo to sell to others online.

I believe everyone's hurting regardless of geography.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom