• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've heard that ammo is starting to appear on retail shelves and even .22's. I was skeptical until yesterday when I saw a bunch of pistol ammo and .22 ammo at a store and the prices weren't crazy. Many common powders for reloading continue to be scarce however.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Still not seeing .22 on shelves. I know a couple of gun shops that normally have it in stock. But to walk into a big box store and see it on the shelf and in a variety of types & manufactures, not seeing it. Not even seeing a few box's on shelves.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    For the first time in months I saw some white box 9 mm at the local Meijer store. And some 40. The pistol ammo case has been empty.

Other than that, if you had money to drop, most ammo has been available; except 22LR.

cziemer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2015
    Monticello
    Bought .22LR two weeks ago at Walmart in Lafayette for 2.50 a box thunderbolts and yesterday at Rural King in Monticello for 4.50 a box CCI.... after not seeing it in stores in years. It seems to be slowly coming back...

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I buy everything online... But 22's I still haven't found anywhere at reasonable prices!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Was this supposed to be in purple? I have seen many calibers in stock but not .22 for a long time. If it is in stock, it's at ridiculous (to me) prices.
    No, I'm not kidding. You certainly won't see any prices like in years past. The prices I saw were about 63% higher than pre-panic days.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I was gobsmacked to find at least two cases worth of CCI standard velocity in the New Castle Rural King just last week, the first time that I've seen .22LR of ANY sort on the shelf anywhere for years now.
    As another poster mentioned, they were asking $4.50 per 50 round box, which would be about 40% more than before this ridiculous panic, with a six box limit.
    I bought my limit.
    When I returned to the same Rural King just last night, intending to pick up another six boxes, the only rimfire ammo they had was .17 HMR again.
    I'm glad to have gotten what I did, but this ammo panic thing has gotten way beyond old now.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've been seeing lots of ammo (aside from .22) when I visit my local Walmart, but I haven't seen aluminum cased Federal .45 for quite a while. Stopped in this weekend and they had 6 boxes which all came home with me. Very happy to have found them :)

Hope that it becomes more commonly available, as it's great ammo for the times I have limited time at the range and don't want to spend any time policing up brass.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I was gobsmacked to find at least two cases worth of CCI standard velocity in the New Castle Rural King just last week, the first time that I've seen .22LR of ANY sort on the shelf anywhere for years now.
    As another poster mentioned, they were asking $4.50 per 50 round box, which would be about 40% more than before this ridiculous panic, with a six box limit.
    I bought my limit.
    When I returned to the same Rural King just last night, intending to pick up another six boxes, the only rimfire ammo they had was .17 HMR again.
    I'm glad to have gotten what I did, but this ammo panic thing has gotten way beyond old now.
    It didn't seem that long ago (before the panic) when I could buy a brick (500 rounds) of CCI Standard Velocity .22 ammo for $24.99. Time does pass quickly, however.

ccrubaugh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    fishers
    I was just at Gander Mountain and they had recently put out some .22 boxes. A gentleman grabbed 5 boxes and proceeded to the check out lane. One of the managers said I'm sorry sir you can only buy 2 boxes per the flyer. He was not a very happy camper. Started cussing up a storm right before he left. So if you are near the castleton store they do have some.

Top Bottom