• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    With the gun companies starting to take a stand we need to start putting pressure on ammo producers to not supply to these states.

We also need to focus on more than New York, 5 other states are attempting or talking about restrictive laws.

Also these companies need to stop selling to the Federal government as well.

:patriot::patriot:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    With the gun companies starting to take a stand we need to start putting pressure on ammo producers to not supply to these states.

We also need to focus on more than New York, 5 other states are attempting or talking about restrictive laws.

Also these companies need to stop selling to the Federal government as well.

Thats a pretty broad brush there. Do you really want to kick the average Joe's in those states? Most of them are like us and are not approving of the mess their elected officials put them in. so in a way that is sort of keeping them from exercising their 2nd Ammed Rights is it not?

As far as the Federal Goverment you do know that does include the Military?

slategrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    If they stopped selling to fed that would mean military. i am not ready for my fellow service members to not have ammo . prob would close doors on them loosing military contracts but secreat service could use alittle ammo shortage like all of us are seeing

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If they stopped selling to fed that would mean military. i am not ready for my fellow service members to not have ammo . prob would close doors on them loosing military contracts but secreat service could use alittle ammo shortage like all of us are seeing

For your or anyones Gee Whiz on ammun ition for the Government. I'm a Lead Firearms instructor for a Federal LE Agency (OMG) and the Government had an ammunition shortage after the 2008 election. The vendors stopped honoring the Goverments contract because they could make more money selling on the inflated civilian market. We had trouble getting ammo in for training rotation. We found it but several vendors contracts were not renewed and came crying back later when the markets and hording stopped. This time around it is not as bad for the GOV but it is effecting everyone civilian, LE etc to some point.

As far as here most of it is by the &^% hats that buy as much as they can at regular prices as it trickles in then put it on Hoosier Topics. The ammunition companies are not "raising" prices as a lot of folks think. Vendors are another matter!

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Thats a pretty broad brush there. Do you really want to kick the average Joe's in those states? Most of them are like us and are not approving of the mess their elected officials put them in. so in a way that is sort of keeping them from exercising their 2nd Ammed Rights is it not?

As far as the Federal Goverment you do know that does include the Military?

Im not talking about stoping sales to average Joe's. Im guess I didn't word it as well as I thought at 2am.

And yes I do know that mean the military too. End the wars that we don't need to be in and close the basses over seas. We don't need a large standing Army. Thats what the reserve is for.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    For your or anyones Gee Whiz on ammun ition for the Government. I'm a Lead Firearms instructor for a Federal LE Agency (OMG) and the Government had an ammunition shortage after the 2008 election. The vendors stopped honoring the Goverments contract because they could make more money selling on the inflated civilian market. We had trouble getting ammo in for training rotation. We found it but several vendors contracts were not renewed and came crying back later when the markets and hording stopped. This time around it is not as bad for the GOV but it is effecting everyone civilian, LE etc to some point.

As far as here most of it is by the &^% hats that buy as much as they can at regular prices as it trickles in then put it on Hoosier Topics. The ammunition companies are not "raising" prices as a lot of folks think. Vendors are another matter!

The DEA, ATF and others shouldn't exist so I don't really care if they have a shortage of anything.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Lake City I think is Government owned, contractor operated. If you say to ATK or Olin, stop producing ammo to the Government, the military would likely be unaffected. They change contractors every so often, so if the contract said, "hey, not going to sell to the .gov anymore" they would find another contractor or pull up their pants and run it themselves... However, due to the sheer amount of ammo coming from there and the lucrative opportunity of providing ammo to the .gov, wishing for ammo companies to stop selling to individual states or .gov is a pipedream at best.

Individuals like Barrett, Larue, etc... that have taken a stand I would think would have limited sales to those states that were restrictive as it is (limited amount of "assault" rifles in those states), therefore, their stance to personally stop sales to those states has little impact on their bottom line and would result in increased sales from non-ban states by people "impressed" by their company line.

When people stop thinking of businesses as people and start thinking of them as businesses, they will see that these "patriotic decisions" are nothing more than a ploy. Everything in the gun world is based to get money from you, pure and simple. It's to what degree does one swallow all of the tripe and sort out the gems? Look at Barrett: Said, Ok, no government sales of .50s to California if the civilians can't have them. Okay. How many did they actually sell to the .gov in Cali? Not many. Private citizens? Again, not many. Then, he makes the .416 Barrett to circumvent (and don't give me the ballistic coefficient crap) the ban states laws on .50s.

It's all a ploy ladies and gentlemen. They are businesses and they know how to pluck your heart strings. Think on it: If you respect a company's ethos, would you prefer them over another company? Yeah. And they know that. Before running with the entire hook line and sinker in your mouth, think on their speeches and understand it's money in the end. :twocents:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not to get too far off topic but I will just ask a couple questions here.

Im not talking about stoping sales to average Joe's. Im guess I didn't word it as well as I thought at 2am.

And yes I do know that mean the military too. End the wars that we don't need to be in and close the basses over seas. We don't need a large standing Army. Thats what the reserve is for.

So our interest overseas shouldn't be protected? And what about China, North Korea and others that are threats to our allies (and us other than distance is what saves us for now) China aqiured their first aircraft Carrier and Russia is on the rebound on the Military side.

The DEA, ATF and others shouldn't exist so I don't really care if they have a shortage of anything.

What about the FBI, Marshal's Service, Coast Guard (under DHS) Border Patrol Bureau of Prisons etc or are you a Soverign Citizen type that believes there is no need of some form of Government beyond a county Sheriff?

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Lake City I think is Government owned, contractor operated. If you say to ATK or Olin, stop producing ammo to the Government, the military would likely be unaffected. They change contractors every so often, so if the contract said, "hey, not going to sell to the .gov anymore" they would find another contractor or pull up their pants and run it themselves... However, due to the sheer amount of ammo coming from there and the lucrative opportunity of providing ammo to the .gov, wishing for ammo companies to stop selling to individual states or .gov is a pipedream at best.

Individuals like Barrett, Larue, etc... that have taken a stand I would think would have limited sales to those states that were restrictive as it is (limited amount of "assault" rifles in those states), therefore, their stance to personally stop sales to those states has little impact on their bottom line and would result in increased sales from non-ban states by people "impressed" by their company line.

When people stop thinking of businesses as people and start thinking of them as businesses, they will see that these "patriotic decisions" are nothing more than a ploy. Everything in the gun world is based to get money from you, pure and simple. It's to what degree does one swallow all of the tripe and sort out the gems? Look at Barrett: Said, Ok, no government sales of .50s to California if the civilians can't have them. Okay. How many did they actually sell to the .gov in Cali? Not many. Private citizens? Again, not many. Then, he makes the .416 Barrett to circumvent (and don't give me the ballistic coefficient crap) the ban states laws on .50s.

It's all a ploy ladies and gentlemen. They are businesses and they know how to pluck your heart strings. Think on it: If you respect a company's ethos, would you prefer them over another company? Yeah. And they know that. Before running with the entire hook line and sinker in your mouth, think on their speeches and understand it's money in the end. :twocents:

Well put!

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Not to get too far off topic but I will just ask a couple questions here.

So our interest overseas shouldn't be protected? And what about China, North Korea and others that are threats to our allies (and us other than distance is what saves us for now) China aqiured their first aircraft Carrier and Russia is on the rebound on the Military side.

What about the FBI, Marshal's Service, Coast Guard (under DHS) Border Patrol Bureau of Prisons etc or are you a Soverign Citizen type that believes there is no need of some form of Government beyond a county Sheriff?

Why do we need to keep sending our citizens to die for some other country? But you do not need a large standing Army. Keep the reserves large. Civilians do all non combat jobs. Like cooking, office work type jobs. We can still have a Navy, Air Force, and Marines but more of a reactionary force.

I believe in states rights. The government doesn't have justification for 99% of what it does. I am absolutely not a sovereign citizen type nut job. DHS is a bunch of BS. All it is is a way to increase the government and their power to control and attack their own citizens. As DHS has grown in size they have increased their attacks on every day citizens. Most of us on here are considered terrorist by DHS. Why because we believe in God the Constitution and Guns. They are also increasing the spy network tracking everything you type on a computer or phone. As far as I am concerned DHS is a terrorist organization.

Last edited:

ironman870

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    NE

Its not like the ammo going to those states is going to some tree humping prius driving obama worshipping baby killing liberal. Its going to people like us, who in my opinion, need it more. :twocents:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why do we need to keep sending our citizens to die for some other country? But you do not need a large standing Army. Keep the reserves large. Civilians do all non combat jobs. Like cooking, office work type jobs. We can still have a Navy, Air Force, and Marines but more of a reactionary force.

sidewinder, not to keep this going off topic and I am just respectfully discussing it here not arguing. I understand what you are saying on the Military. I feel we should wind down the operations in Afghanistan particular. I was overseas several times and after 9/11 in my years both active duty and in the Guard before I retired so I've seen it.
    In a perfect world sure we want all our troops here but we are far from a perfect world and our troops just stationed here is not gonna happen.

With the military threats of China. North Korea, Russia and Iran we really need more than a "response" type military. We also do need troops stationed overseas to protect our interests as well as the interests by those commited allies as well. Those types of roles are not in direct combat (although they are prepaired to in the case of our troops in S. Korea)

As for the civilians The Air Force has civilianized a ton of jobs to supplement the military since 2007. (I believe the number is 800,000 civilian employees DOD wide with all 4 branches) The AF has stood up Civilian Police, Firearms instructors, supply, vehicle maintenance etc etc etc at several instilations. That frees up the military to deploy as needed.

As far as your claim on DHS that is also a broad brush, they do contain the Border Patrol, Coast Guard and Air Marshals just to name a few that do a great job for all the citizens. There might be one or two folks associated with every agency wheither a Federal XYZ agency or NYPD or LAPD etc that has stated something silly but that doesn't make them a "terrorist orginazation" because of one knuckle head to me!

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    sidewinder, not to keep this going off topic and I am just respectfully discussing it here not arguing. I understand what you are saying on the Military. I feel we should wind down the operations in Afghanistan particular. I was overseas several times and after 9/11 in my years both active duty and in the Guard before I retired so I've seen it.
    In a perfect world sure we want all our troops here but we are far from a perfect world and our troops just stationed here is not gonna happen.

With the military threats of China. North Korea, Russia and Iran we really need more than a "response" type military. We also do need troops stationed overseas to protect our interests as well as the interests by those commited allies as well. Those types of roles are not in direct combat (although they are prepaired to in the case of our troops in S. Korea)

As for the civilians The Air Force has civilianized a ton of jobs to supplement the military since 2007. (I believe the number is 800,000 civilian employees DOD wide with all 4 branches) The AF has stood up Civilian Police, Firearms instructors, supply, vehicle maintenance etc etc etc at several instilations. That frees up the military to deploy as needed.

As far as your claim on DHS that is also a broad brush, they do contain the Border Patrol, Coast Guard and Air Marshals just to name a few that do a great job for all the citizens. There might be one or two folks associated with every agency wheither a Federal XYZ agency or NYPD or LAPD etc that has stated something silly but that doesn't make them a "terrorist orginazation" because of one knuckle head to me!

Im not trying to argue either. Sorry if it has come off that way. I have been over seas twice. I went believing in what we were doing and came home that way to. About a year or two after getting out I started to change my mind.

Yes the military has done a good job of turning jobs over to civilians.But I think more could me done. As far as protecting foreign interest I believe in the Constitution in "no foreign entanglements" we don't need what other countries have we have more than enough energy and other stuff here that we don't need to go to someone else for it. No I don't care if the rest of the world decides to fight for everything under the sun.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Its not like the ammo going to those states is going to some tree humping prius driving obama worshipping baby killing liberal. Its going to people like us, who in my opinion, need it more. :twocents:

As I said in another post earlier I miss worded that statement. I believe I posted it the original at 2:30am while I couldn't sleep.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Im not trying to argue either. Sorry if it has come off that way. I have been over seas twice. I went believing in what we were doing and came home that way to. About a year or two after getting out I started to change my mind.

Yes the military has done a good job of turning jobs over to civilians.But I think more could me done. As far as protecting foreign interest I believe in the Constitution in "no foreign entanglements" we don't need what other countries have we have more than enough energy and other stuff here that we don't need to go to someone else for it. No I don't care if the rest of the world decides to fight for everything under the sun.

No I didn't take it your were going that way. Just wanted you to not misunderstand me or take offense, that I was just discussing it with you.

all is well

Top Bottom