• Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    From SGAmmo:
    We have become aware of another round or price increases from the ammo factories, and many popular items will be effected very soon. The Kinetic group (AKA Vista & the brands CCI, Speer, Federal and Remington) has announced a May 1st price increase on all handgun ammo, and they are the factory that leads the market up and down due to their massive production capacity and portfolio of iconic ammunition brands. Winchester just went up on 9mm and is expected to follow Federal on other calibers in May. Magtech / S&B have verbally stated they will follow Federal's lead and increase in a similar percentage, and Prvi Partizan announced verbally they are doing a 6% to 7% price increase coming in June. If you care about paying prices that are 7% more, now is the time to buy.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    BOOO!!!! I know the cost of EVERYTHING is up. However, BOOO!!!
    Yeah. As much as folks may not like that this is happening with ammo, it would not be reasonable to assume that any commodity is immune from such sustained inflationary pressure. Maybe there is some element of this I am missing, but this does not surprise me at all.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When there is such tacit collusion, the leader of the pack doesn't have to worry about losing business to the others when it raises prices as they know all the others in the market will just follow along.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    For reloading stuff AND ammunition, I'll say it again:

The time to buy was yesterday. The time to buy is now. The time to buy is always.

One of these days people will get it.
    I have bunches of W-231 and 8208 XBR that covers all of my current reloading needs of 9 mm, 45 ACP, 223.

Are there any other general purpose multicaliber staple powders I should get and keep on hand?

I can see eventually getting into .308 or other hunting rounds.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

The time to buy was yesterday. The time to buy is now. The time to buy is always.

I've been stocking up on foreign made primers. Price is about as good as its going to get.
    With November coming fast people will start fear/panic buying soon.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage

Aszerigan is right! Come on boys stop the crying and start the buying! Get all you can now the price may be higher but its not going to get cheaper. The stuff you buy today will be cheaper that the stuff you buy next year. Try it you will see. I paid 34.00 for 1000 CCI primers about 4 years ago it was high then but a steal now.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I have bunches of W-231 and 8208 XBR that covers all of my current reloading needs of 9 mm, 45 ACP, 223.

Are there any other general purpose multicaliber staple powders I should get and keep on hand?

I can see eventually getting into .308 or other hunting rounds.
    I learned my lesson when Obama was elected in 08'. Primers were non existent, so I bought powder. It worked because when primers were available powder was scarce. Imr 4895 works with almost anything and CFE 223 and 8208xbr arent far behind. Buy whatyou can and store it.

Top Bottom