• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 812 rimfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    Anyone got any pointers for someone wanting to try shooting a nrl22 match? seems like it might be a little intimidating for an average shooter who is a plinker and weekend hunter.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    This post might be better received in the training or shooting sports forums, but here goes with my opinion.

EVERYTHING is intimidating when it is new and unknown. As with anything, just getting out and doing it is your best first step ... you don't need to be a pro to play ... you need to learn to crawl before walking, and to walk before running ... you don't know what you don't know ... so on and so forth with the clichés.

Type your zip code into the search engine here ... https://nrl22.org/ ... and you'll find several nearby clubs that shoot NRL22.

Stop out during an event and talk to the participants and event organizers ... better yet, bring your firearms and start shooting. You'll learn quickly what works and what doesn't work.

Oh, and welcome to INGO!

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Find a local match and show up with your gear. Sure, you will feel intimidated but that's just a normal part of the learning process. I have found that the vast majority of shooters at any type of organized match are very willing to help a new guy. Most organized matches have a contact person listed. If it will help you to feel more at ease, reach out to them before the match and ask any questions that you have.

Chances are, you will surprise yourself and become hooked on a new shooting activity. By the end of the first match, you will be eagerly awaiting the next one. That's what happened to me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Find a match, then show up and shoot. let them know its your first. If you shoot like crap, you shoot like crap. Nobody will care. Nobody will think any less of you since you are are brand new.

And make it clear that you are open to suggestions and tips.

And I'll second HHRP. Very welcoming crowd there.

Top Bottom