• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "An Italian-owned company will invest $60 million in coastal Georgia to build a plant to make and distribute ammunition, with plans to hire 600 people.

Norma Precision will build its facility near the site of the new Hyundai electric vehicle plant in Bryan County, just northwest of the Georgia coastal city of Savannah."

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    That's good, but why Georgia, it could go completely commie at any moment.
    I'm guessing it's got more to do with $$$. Every little bit helps.

"Norma Precision had already announced that it was moving its headquarters to Georgia, setting up a factory in the Savannah suburb of Garden City.

Norma said 88 current employees in Georgia would be offered transfers. Employees will make an average of $57,000 a year..."

"Norma Precision will qualify for a Georgia tax credit allowing it to annually deduct $3,500 per job from state income taxes, up to $10.5 million over five years. If Norma Precision doesn't owe that much income tax, it will be able to recover the rest of the credit from state income tax payments made by workers.

Bryan County officials have also approved a 10-year property tax break for the company. That could be worth $2.7 million, depending on tax rates and property values..."

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    "An Italian-owned company will invest $60 million in coastal Georgia to build a plant to make and distribute ammunition, with plans to hire 600 people.

Norma Precision will build its facility near the site of the new Hyundai electric vehicle plant in Bryan County, just northwest of the Georgia coastal city of Savannah."

Does this mean American made Norma 7.62x39mm?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hopefully it’s stay in business longer than the ev plant.

Might be part of the plan, eventually the costs and reality will catch up to electric vehicles and much of the industry will end. Cheap hi tech plant next door for expansion.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Georgia just rejected election denier Stacy A., much better than old firearms stalwarts like Connecticut or New York.

Tennessee or Alabama would be better choices.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'm guessing it's got more to do with $$$. Every little bit helps.

"Norma Precision had already announced that it was moving its headquarters to Georgia, setting up a factory in the Savannah suburb of Garden City.

Norma said 88 current employees in Georgia would be offered transfers. Employees will make an average of $57,000 a year..."

"Norma Precision will qualify for a Georgia tax credit allowing it to annually deduct $3,500 per job from state income taxes, up to $10.5 million over five years. If Norma Precision doesn't owe that much income tax, it will be able to recover the rest of the credit from state income tax payments made by workers.

Bryan County officials have also approved a 10-year property tax break for the company. That could be worth $2.7 million, depending on tax rates and property values..."
    I know Georgia practically hands out money to the film industry. I'm sure their taxes and incentives are quite friendly to others as well.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Yay!! more ammo!!!!!! And when the electric vehicle plant goes down, Norma can expand there.....
    for what it's worth I think Hybrid cars are a better idea than all electric...."Can I borrow a bucket of electricity?".....said no one ever!

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Overall I think it is awesome to have more ammo being made in the US. However, I do wonder how this will impact the availability of powder and primers for reloaders. I wouldn't think that they can be making both of these items, plus cases and projectiles for a $60M investment, so have to wonder where they will be coming from?
    --Rick

Top Bottom