• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well, why not? What isn't for sale in this country these days?

I'm not even sure amnesty matters. Do the illegals really want to be citizens? I betting many are pretty content flying under the radar, not paying income taxes, getting welfare, free healthcare and education for their children and voting. Why would they be in favor of amnesty? To qualify for social security? Why bother, they'll eventually get that also even if they remain illegal, undocumented or whatever they "progressives" want to call them. I'm not sure that if the government were to offer illegal status to citizens who want it that I wouldn't sign up. Just exactly who is the idiot in this game?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I'm not even sure amnesty matters. Do the illegals really want to be citizens? I betting many are pretty content flying under the radar, not paying income taxes, getting welfare, free healthcare and education for their children and voting. Why would they be in favor of amnesty? To qualify for social security? Why bother, they'll eventually get that also even if they remain illegal, undocumented or whatever they "progressives" want to call them. I'm not sure that if the government were to offer illegal status to citizens who want it that I wouldn't sign up. Just exactly who is the idiot in this game?

They come and go with impunity so why put a restriction of any kind on themselves.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The immigrant population isn't going to decline. And nobody is going to march them out of the country either. Make babies. Build families. We know what is going to happen.

It only makes sense to bring them within the system.

We know how they vote. So it's curtains for the GOP.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    lets see.. 11 million new taxpayers, they do the jobs that most American's would wish on their enemies, and if they don't like the new rules they can leave? where's the problem? oh... wait.. most won't vote republican.. I get it now.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It will be sad yet gratifying when this country attains second or third world status and all those who made it happen are left scratching their heads wondering why.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    lets see.. 11 million new taxpayers, they do the jobs that most American's would wish on their enemies, and if they don't like the new rules they can leave? where's the problem? oh... wait.. most won't vote republican.. I get it now.

This is all you see in this..........really.

Amazing.

They are doing "All" of the entry level jobs right now.

Every warehouse I go to it is staffed with Hispanics....totally. They have taken all the Larry the fork truck jobs. Larry is Pissed.

There is more here than "Voting" my friend.....so much more.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

I tried to Rep you but apparently I have to spread it around to the rest of INGO before I can rep you again.

It will be sad yet gratifying when this country attains second or third world status and all those who made it happen are left scratching their heads wondering why.

And again. I agree 100%.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    This is all you see in this..........really.

Amazing.

They are doing "All" of the entry level jobs right now.

Every warehouse I go to it is staffed with Hispanics....totally. They have taken all the Larry the fork truck jobs. Larry is Pissed.

There is more here than "Voting" my friend.....so much more.

If you don't like the way the job market looks, complain to your congressmen... We've allowed HOW MANY jobs to be shipped overseas? Our manufacturing capabilities have eroded since the end of WW2 to where we are now.. it's OUR FAULT that those jobs left.. We demand more pay and better working conditions (rightly so, in my eyes) and other countries not plagued by the free market don't... and we've done NOTHING to fix that.. Do you know WHY those Hispanics have Larry's jobs? Because they'll work harder and for less than Larry will, and there's little chance of them unionizing. Look around the warehouse, see who's actually working and who's standing around drinking coffee and shootin the bull... i'll give you a hint, it ain't the hispanics...

It's not just the no-skill jobs that are walking out of this country... I used to live in Pennsylvania. one year, Corning came in and bought the old Grumman plant, started remodeling it, and started hiring anyone that could do the work... we built fiber optic devices.. definitely not an entry level job...
    $10.50/hr to start (a lot for starting wages up there.. $8.50 was the norm)
    Full paid benefits from day one
    2 weeks paid training
    1 week paid vacation from day one
    stock purchase program

It was unheard of... people left their jobs of 20+ years to come work for Corning. They started expanding the plant so they could add more lines...... annnnnnd one day we were all called into the cafeteria (oh yeah, they had a fully staffed cafeteria that served hot meals to every shift) They let 2/3s of us go right then and there. The rest of the people, based on seniority, stayed on to finish up the small amount work that was left, and the plant closed a month later.
    Corning built a brand new, from the ground up, plant in China. Every single one of the 200+ jobs they had brought to PA, was moved over there... Why? because it was cheaper.
    They were there for less than a year, and never finished the construction on the plant.

My point to this story, don't blame a people for taking all the entry level jobs. Blame the corporations for shipping out our jobs to other countries, blame our politicians (ALL OF THEM) for making the climate in the US so unhealthy for production, and start blaming OURSELVES for allowing it all to happen.

also... if all the "entry level" jobs are taken, maybe it's time Larry called up the ole community college and get started on a degree so he doesn't have to fight for those entry level jobs... I used to be Larry the Fork truck driver... did it for 18 years... in less than a year I will have the potential to be making more than triple what I was making at the best forklift job I ever had, just starting out... (just probably not in this area)

Top Bottom