• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    When one's phone number has belonged to someone else "recently", one sometimes receives communications that one wouldn't otherwise. Often, with just a little effort, these exchanges can be supremely amusing, if only to oneself. Please feel free to enjoy or destroy the following:

Biden Recruiter (BR): "Hi I'm (redacted), volunteering with the Democrats. Is this (redacted)?"

Wrong. Foot. Already.

Yours Truly (...Me): "This hasn't been his number for two years."

BR: "Sorry about that! I'll note that you're not (redacted). Can the Democrats count on your support this November?"

Damn right you'll note - wait! Wha-huh? Count on my who? Hold my beer.

Me: "The only thing (at the moment) worse than the state controlling me indirectly through corporations owned by Republicans, is the state controlling me directly through the police owned by the Democrats. The means differs; the ends are the same. So tell me: are you going to be voting for your gun rights this November, because that's the only way you'll be able to defend yourself against Mr. Biden's Gestapo? Well, I guess technically they'd be Kamala Harris's Gestapo. Don't have to be a good person to run them, but you do at least have to be competent."

Premature mic drop.

BR: "I understand. It's within our grasp to end our gun violence epidemic and respect the Second Amendment, which is limited. As president, Biden will pursue constitutional, common-sense gun safety policies."

Uh-oh. I must be speaking to one of the dreaded Bidenbots: androids built from the ground up using only the finest Cold War-era Soviet components, implanted with Google AI, fluent in CNNese, and well-versed in Anti-gun Fu, sometimes known as "The Art of the Empty Head". Better mind what I say; they transmit all communications directly to the Antifa mothership, where it is downloaded, collated, perforated, subjugated, and, some say, even twitterpated, after which all the IRrelevant information is finally defecated from the caffeinated hipster mouths of the newly revolutionated.

I got this.

Me: "No. He's already pursuing unconstitutional gun control. The 2nd Amendment is as limited as the 1st; in other words, not at all. This is by design. In fact, it's the ONLY right spelled out in our Constitution that specifically says 'shall not be infringed'. We don't have a gun violence epidemic. We have a lack of personal accountability epidemic. The only time I hear Democrats talk about gun violence is when a white kid shoots up a school, and the only time I hear Republicans talk about it is in reference to black gangbangers killing each other in Chicago. I believe gay married couples should be allowed to protect their small, reasonably taxed, eco-friendly marijuana businesses with whatever firearms they want/need/feel necessary, without interference from anyone, Democrat, or Republican, who would impose their 'victimhood' or 'family values' on them."

Bliggity blam, said Uncle Sam!

BR: "Thanks for sharing that, I really do appreciate it. You can read more about Joe Biden and the Democrats' platforms here: https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/ and here: democrats.org/where-we-stand/"

Yeah... you appreciate it, all right. I can totes tell, bruh...

Me: "You're welcome. Check out the real numbers on gun violence. Hammers kill more people than all styles of rifle, not just the scary black ones. You don't hear us yet, because the left and right are louder, but the middle is waking up... and we're not happy. I've already read Mr. Biden's stuff. It's as believable as Trump's stuff. Thanks though."

Maybe I don't got this...

BR: "Thanks for taking the time to chat with me! Wishing you and yours all the best - stay safe!"

ALL RIGHT, STRANGER! THAT'S THE LAST DAMN STRAW!

Me: "I'm always safe, because I have firearms. Thanks for 'listening'. Be well, Associate Bob. ;)"

Some people just can't be reasoned with.

If you've got an amusing conversation with a stranger on the opposing side, let's hear it.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Jeez, when I get a new number that belonged to someone else recently I just get calls from bill collectors and the sheriff's department parole officers.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've got numerous text messages from these idiots already, I just ignore them.

No democrat is worth me wasting a second out of my day to acknowledge them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Alamo:
    lol I worked at AutoZone a couple years ago and found my number in their system under his name. It's happened a few other places, too. Worst part is, he apparently had my wife's number before she did, too.

Tombs:
    The way I see it, they bothered me, so I'm gonna take up as much of their time as I can to stop them spreading. lol

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It has NOTHING to do about a "previous number".
    NOTHING.
    That's a ruse.
    1st, they can claim it's not a "robodialer" type of thing. It was an "accident".
    2nd, they send the message to everyone. Anyone that replies then gets attention.

It would have been better to ignore it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    It has NOTHING to do about a "previous number".
    NOTHING.
    That's a ruse.
    1st, they can claim it's not a "robodialer" type of thing. It was an "accident".
    2nd, they send the message to everyone. Anyone that replies then gets attention.

It would have been better to ignore it.

That makes sense usually, but in this case they had the guy's name, which I recognized from previous, similar instances, but they spelled it incorrectly, which tells me they didn't grab it from the phone company's records. No matter how they got it, however, I accomplished two things with this conversation:
    1. I kept them occupied for two hours with a conversation that went nowhere for them. If I can keep them from convincing even one person who's on the fence to join the dark side, I didn't waste my time.
    2. I let this person know that, despite what they've heard on the news, supporting the 2A doesn't make one a white supremacist or anything of the sort.
    I'm sure they don't yet believe it, but I've planted the seed of doubt. Even if it doesn't take, this individual is liable to show it to friends ("Haha! Look at this dumb redneck! He thinks guns aren't bad!") and eventually someone with a modicum of reasoning skill will see it, and it will spread.
    Okay, probably not, but a man can dream...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That makes sense usually, but in this case they had the guy's name, which I recognized from previous, similar instances, but they spelled it incorrectly, which tells me they didn't grab it from the phone company's records. No matter how they got it, however, I accomplished two things with this conversation:
    1. I kept them occupied for two hours with a conversation that went nowhere for them. If I can keep them from convincing even one person who's on the fence to join the dark side, I didn't waste my time.
    2. I let this person know that, despite what they've heard on the news, supporting the 2A doesn't make one a white supremacist or anything of the sort.
    I'm sure they don't yet believe it, but I've planted the seed of doubt. Even if it doesn't take, this individual is liable to show it to friends ("Haha! Look at this dumb redneck! He thinks guns aren't bad!") and eventually someone with a modicum of reasoning skill will see it, and it will spread.
    Okay, probably not, but a man can dream...

If I had the 2 hours to do this it would be great.
    But I don't.
    Loved the back and forth and your very well reasoned response. Once you get these mush brained Dimo's past the talking points/sound bites etc they are lost. No traction.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Conversations with persons who are against our creator (inclusive for the most part of what most term the left and right) often as not end with the person being dismissive of inconvenient facts and resorting to attacking the messenger. If you think of yourself as left or right then you've likely to experience the same thing from the other side. That's a defensive action people resort to in order to maintain how they perceive their own self-serving preferences. Obvious once you've seen it, you'll be like Jehoshaphat observing Ahab and Micaiah.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    If I had the 2 hours to do this it would be great.
    But I don't.
    Loved the back and forth and your very well reasoned response. Once you get these mush brained Dimo's past the talking points/sound bites etc they are lost. No traction.

Thanks! I'm glad you appreciated it. I've been considering setting up a network of people who would be able to do this full-time, but the logistics would be a nightmare, even I could afford it.
    My issue is trying to find someone willing to have a real conversation with me, but I guess they're all too busy recruiting people who don't need recruiting.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Thanks! I'm glad you appreciated it. I've been considering setting up a network of people who would be able to do this full-time, but the logistics would be a nightmare, even I could afford it.
    My issue is trying to find someone willing to have a real conversation with me, but I guess they're all too busy recruiting people who don't need recruiting.

Their job isn't to have conversations or convince people. Getting out the vote activity is a numbers game. They are trying to hit the most people possible. They use the numbers for internal campaign polling to try and gauge potential turnout and effectiveness of the messaging.

I've found that real conversations happen in the community. At bars, churches, ball fields, neighborhood cook outs, etc. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that those things are all places and activities Dems want to keep shut down under the guise of COVID.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    You're good, but you're not Tom Mabe good:

[video=youtube;cIVfrBFc5og]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIVfrBFc5og[/video]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Their job isn't to have conversations or convince people. Getting out the vote activity is a numbers game. They are trying to hit the most people possible. They use the numbers for internal campaign polling to try and gauge potential turnout and effectiveness of the messaging.

I've found that real conversations happen in the community. At bars, churches, ball fields, neighborhood cook outs, etc. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that those things are all places and activities Dems want to keep shut down under the guise of COVID.

Then I'm definitely glad I managed to waste some of their time. I'm sure I read somewhere that the only real news is social media news. Can't for the life of me remember where.

Top Bottom