An amazing youth turkey opener ... 2 birds down.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    What an amazing youth weekend of turkey hunting. For the past couple years I have had the privilege of guiding special needs youth during the youth weekend. This year my little cancer patient girl backed out of her hunt (she just wasn't ready yet). However, I got to enjoy photos and texts from my other guide friends who's special needs kids put down 7 birds this weekend, which was AMAZING.

So this year I got to take my girls in the youth season. Saturday could not have worked out any more perfect. Sydney (age 13) was first up and 1 1/2 hours into hunting she took the head completely off of a jake with a Magnus Bullhead. Then that after noon, Trevor Marie ... aka "T" (age 15) blasted a jake an hour into the hunt in the exact same location as her sister did earlier in the day. I'll let the video and the photos tell the rest of the story.

[video=youtube;9M0XXJMvqfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M0XXJMvqfg[/video]

The impact at Syd's shot.

The impact at T's shot (note the tree exploding behind him).

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Congrats to you and the girls! I my cousin and friend use to be involved in their local NWTF chapter and would raffle of guided youth hunts during their banquet. When the chapter folded, they continued the weekend hunts and recruited kids in the area they knew. I had the privilege of guiding some of those youth turkey and deer weekend hunts. We camped, fished, and hunted. It was a blast. I can't wait til us "big kids" get to go.

Top Bottom