• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    While I have no objection to online activism, real world activism seems more effective to me.

I saw a gentleman tonight at a store OCing and thanked him for carrying and respecting our rights. Not a wide audience, but hopefully encouragement to him to continue. From the handshake I got, I think I got the result I wanted.

Blessings,
    Bill

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1568724473428565/

This group is trying to get 2nd Amendment activism off the ground. Anymore gun owners are sitting on the sidelines and have grown too lazy to call or do anything about the preservation of their rights.

If you're on Facebook, give it a like!

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Awesome, Bill!

The group is trying to organize people to have days of calls, emails, letters, and rallies. I agree, just posting on a website does nothing. Facebook affords less anonymity which may increase the accountability.

While I have no objection to online activism, real world activism seems more effective to me.

I saw a gentleman tonight at a store OCing and thanked him for carrying and respecting our rights. Not a wide audience, but hopefully encouragement to him to continue. From the handshake I got, I think I got the result I wanted.

Blessings,
    Bill

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I detest facebag. I would much rather meet real people and explain it to them. They need to see it work not just hear the same 2a rhetoric that an NRA brochure puts out.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I detest facebag. I would much rather meet real people and explain it to them. They need to see it work not just hear the same 2a rhetoric that an NRA brochure puts out.

While I understand the sentiment, you seem to discount the power that social media has in modern activism. How do you think most protests and rallies are planned? How do thousands of people organize within days for a protest event? I have watched some of these protest events unfold on social media. It's almost mesmerizing how quickly they can organize. Social media is a very powerful tool IF USED PROPERLY. If you wanted to get information out to a thousand people in minutes how would you do it? Whoever organized that FB group can do it with a few clicks.

Top Bottom