AN EMPLOYEE! Machinist or Tool and Die Maker NEEDED at Small Job Shop -Southside

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    AN EMPLOYEE! Machinist / Tool and Die Maker NEEDED at Small Job Shop -Southside

***I wanted to give my fellow INGOers notice of this job available where i work.
    Sorry i do not want to associate where i work (a gun friendly place BTW) with my screen name on here. If you have any questions please email me directly via my screen name or via the email address at the bottom of this listing. If you happen to figure out the company please don't post it here. ****

Job location is 20 minutes south of 465 on southside of Indy.

A small job shop that specializes in Special Machines, Manufacturing Machinery, Tools, Jigs, Fixtures, and Dies is currently seeking an experienced Machinist / Tool & Die Maker. The individual must be punctual, can follow directions well, has the ability to work at times alone and with others, and displays a positive attitude about their work.

This job involves receiving drawings / details, finding and blocking out material, and machining as necessary, and inspection. You will be responsible for machining, inspecting and preparing pieces for shipment / delivery. We do low volume machining (0-20 pcs typical.). Should possess basic machinist tools. Pay will depend on experience and skill.
    Starting pay range from $12.00 to $20.00 per hour

Work week will entail 40 to 50 hours per week, 10 hours per day. No health, vision or dental insurance provided.

Job Requirements:

• Ability to read and interpret detail drawings of parts and assemblies.
    • Understanding of tolerances and tolerance stack up
    • Strong working knowledge of machine shop mathematics
    • Setup and operate manual mills, lathes, & grinders
    • Use micrometers, calipers, and various other precision measurement devices
    • Understanding of materials, cutting tools, and speeds and feeds.
    • Understands urgency and deadline requirements
    • Ability to manufacture a finished part and take responsibility for the accuracy of the end product.
    • Stand and operate machines for an 10 hour day
    • Perform all other duties, as assigned.

Experience Requirements:

• At least (3-5) years of Manual Machining experience (CNC experience a plus but NOT required)

Please email resume or other information to me at EMAIL

NOTE: The reason for not using our company name for this job listing is we do not have time to stop and talk to applicants at random times, we are very busy. Appointment is required. If you are eligible you will be called / emailed about setting up a time for you to come in a get shown around and interviewed.

If you have any questions please send them to the email address above.

Sorry, No Pictures. :D
    To the mods, I am sorry if this violates the rules somehow. I did read them and did not see anything that mentioned posting an available job. If I missed something and this does violate the rules then let me apologize ahead of time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom