album.php

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Good for them!!

I still can't figure out why a terrorist would attack a target with such heavy security.

There's no scanners at the front door of wally world, and I guarantee you that a detonation in the check out lanes on Black Friday would do a hell of a lot more terrorizing than trying to light your undies on fire.

It would also impact our economy a lot more.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Good for them!!

I still can't figure out why a terrorist would attack a target with such heavy security.

There's no scanners at the front door of wally world, and I guarantee you that a detonation in the check out lanes on Black Friday would do a hell of a lot more terrorizing than trying to light your undies on fire.

It would also impact our economy a lot more.

Bingo! Leave it to the .gov to perpetually fight the last war. Whats a plane full of people when you can blow up a school, or a sporting event, or a packed store? The impact would be so much greater (not that I advocate blowing ANYTHING or ANYONE up). All someone has to do to get a weapon on a plane is shove it up an orifice.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Oddly enough, Sanford airport, is one of the more pleasant airports I've ever been in. The employees there have been top notch every time I have been there, too. Good for them.:yesway:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Possibly very bad news. Per the TSA, the private security firms must follow TSA guidelines, including the scanners and groping. (wdbo.com)

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    Possibly very bad news. Per the TSA, the private security firms must follow TSA guidelines, including the scanners and groping. (wdbo.com)

The TSA have no legislative authority, so the statute should spell it out. As far as terrorists not attacking a place because of security, I would think the opposite to be more likely. The psychological impact of a successful attack in a "safe" place far outweigh the difficulties in planning such an attack, as evidenced by the continued abundance of disrupted plots. We have to be perfect, they merely need to be lucky.

My major concern with the TSA security procedures is that they present a tempting target, in and of themselves. That is the area of greatest vulnerability now. All TSA have done is change the venue of the next attack. True, it won't be as spectacular as 9/11, but a whole lot of bodies is a whole lot of bodies.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    If I remember right, the last Call Of Duty game began with a scenario where you walked into the airport in Moscow and just started opening up on all of the people in the airport. While this was just a game, I can see where this could be a very real scenario.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    If I remember right, the last Call Of Duty game began with a scenario where you walked into the airport in Moscow and just started opening up on all of the people in the airport. While this was just a game, I can see where this could be a very real scenario.

This happened in 1985 at the Rome and Vienna Airports.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    My major concern with the TSA security procedures is that they present a tempting target, in and of themselves. That is the area of greatest vulnerability now. All TSA have done is change the venue of the next attack. True, it won't be as spectacular as 9/11, but a whole lot of bodies is a whole lot of bodies.

This. It's almost ridiculous, but backing off our currently ridiculous structure of airport security means that terrorists will likely be successful. Just to stick it to all the money poured into this waste. The way I look at it, if they start to peel back all these redundant and useless layers of security and something happens and someone gets through, someone gets lucky. Next thing you know, all of those who were against the TSA and were just at the cusp of going crazy over everything will repent and be fervently for the TSA and the violations they repeat day in and day out.

It's a no-win for us.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

All the more reason for people to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights and be able to carry in an airport without being illegally arrested.

Top Bottom