An improvised Independence Day celebration!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    So I was just with a group of friends from church, celebrating the Fourth of July with all manner of fireworks. It was a whole lot of fun, too, but it just wasn't quite enough for one of my friends. He decided to demonstrate the full power of his carry weapon...A 460 magnum!

He ended up firing four of his rounds into the ground and let his girlfriend shoot one too. The bullets (hollow points if I recall) left four inch holes in the ground. I wish had been wearing ear protection because my ears are still ringing (and he fired his revolver thirty yards away) :dunno:

All in all, a good Fourth :rockwoot:

EDIT: I should clarify, this was not my idea, not my property, out in the county, and, while it was entertaining for most of the folks to see, my friend doesn't always think things through.

Last edited:

Boogeymanink

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Southport Area
    way stupid theres all kinds of lines underground also this is definatly a way to give gun carrying people bad names and yes this is definatly criminal recklessness with a handgun good luck with that think next time

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    way stupid theres all kinds of lines underground also this is definatly a way to give gun carrying people bad names and yes this is definatly criminal recklessness with a handgun good luck with that think next time

You have a good point about possible underground lines. I'm going to have to advise my friend not to pull a stunt like that again for that very reason.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I was wondering what he is afraid of....carrying a .460? Dinosaurs are extinct. I figured a 9, .40, or .45 was plenty for a carry weapon.:dunno:

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    Not to change the subject, but using a gun that loud as an EDC doesn't sound too smart. I can't imagine the sound if shot inside, like in a convenience store. I would think that could cause hearing damage for anyone in the store. Wouldn't you then be guilty of assault on any innocent bystanders? I know, better losing some hearing than your life, but there are more apporpriate tools for the job.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I was wondering what he is afraid of....carrying a .460? Dinosaurs are extinct. I figured a 9, .40, or .45 was plenty for a carry weapon.:dunno:

Now that is funny. I bet it was pretty loud though. Jerk move to do that around a bunch of unsuspecting people.

Top Bottom