• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    ...From China. I figured I'd share this story and see what you all think.

Yang Youde is a Chinese farmer. The Chinese government decided that they wanted his land. They wanted to pay him ~$19,000, which was about 1/5 of what his land was worth. He told them where they could stick it.

What he did next proves that he has brass cannonballs. Using a wheelbarrow, pipe, and fireworks, he made his own homemade CANNON! When the demolition crews showed up, he prevented them from destroying his home by firing rockets above their heads. The police actually stopped him from getting the ever-living crap beat out of him after his fireworks ran out.

They tried it again a few months later. He held off 100 men in a makeshift tower he constructed and a HUGE amount of rockets. Eventually the police stepped in and told him to knock it off.

After a few months he was offered a much better settlement---of course, the government gives a different amount, but the estimates place the amount at $25,000.

It's inspiring to see, every so often, someone standing up for themselves. This man gets points for ingenuity :):

rocket.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I'm surprised that the authorities didn't just murder him at the time of their choosing.

Another Don finding his windmill. The .gov will succeed in their task in the end.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'm surprised that the authorities didn't just murder him at the time of their choosing.

The outcome I would predict were a similar stand to be taken here. I would be willing to bet doughnuts to dollars that the police here would not have kept him from having his ass handed to him.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If that happened here, a police sniper would have killed him and the .gov would have taken the land anyway.

Here in America you have to live through that initial encounter so you can be an evil sociopath later, at the times and places of your own choosing. And that's all I'll say on that topic.

Top Bottom