An Invisible Mass Shooting Just Happened…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Took place in Orange Mound Park, in the Orange Mound subdivision of Memphis. Historically, Orange Mound was built by blacks specifically for blacks in the 1890's on what had been a 5,000 acre slave plantation. Drugs and crime invaded it in the 1980's - 1990's with cocaine and crack in particular. Some within the city and the subdivision claim crime has been reduced since then, but it's infested now with Gangstas and Gang-Bangers, particularly among young adults in their 20's that are attracting and pulling teenagers into their THUG criminal lifestyle. While not the absolute worst violent crime subdivision in Memphis, it's a close second, and completely surrounded by the worst. I wasn't at all surprised when I heard about the shooting that it had occurred in Orange Mound.

Albeit without a "permit" from the city, the "Block Party" was widely advertised within the neighborhood on flyers which spread to social media. We should know from recent events elsewhere around the country what that does, attracting Gangstas and Gang-Bangers from elsewhere who want in on the party. All it takes then is someone looking cross-eyed or staring sideways at someone else, or recognizing rival Gang-Bangers against whom they have a grudge, and the guns come out.

Thought I'd provide some back story on the subdivision and neighborhood for context.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Took place in Orange Mound Park, in the Orange Mound subdivision of Memphis. Historically, Orange Mound was built by blacks specifically for blacks in the 1890's on what had been a 5,000 acre slave plantation. Drugs and crime invaded it in the 1980's - 1990's with cocaine and crack in particular. Some within the city and the subdivision claim crime has been reduced since then, but it's infested now with Gangstas and Gang-Bangers, particularly among young adults in their 20's that are attracting and pulling teenagers into their THUG criminal lifestyle. While not the absolute worst violent crime subdivision in Memphis, it's a close second, and completely surrounded by the worst. I wasn't at all surprised when I heard about the shooting that it had occurred in Orange Mound.

Albeit without a "permit" from he city, the "Block Party" was widely advertised within the neighborhood on flyers which spread to social media. We should know from recent events elsewhere around the country what that does, attracting Gangstas and Gang-Bangers from elsewhere who want in on the party. All it takes then is someone looking cross-eyed or staring sideways at someone else, and the guns come out.

Thought I'd provide some back story on the subdivision and neighborhood for context.
    I grew up not too far from Memphis and had never heard of this area before today. Memphis has been sliding down into ****hole territory for years now and I don’t see it ever changing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I grew up not too far from Memphis and had never heard of this area before today. Memphis has been sliding down into ****hole territory for years now and I don’t see it ever changing.
    The company I work for has a location in Nashville. We used to do bigger jobs over there when the site was part of a company that has locations in both places. Due to how much of a dangerous ****hole that place has become, management has decided its no longer worth the drive. We now tell that customer "cant help you there".

For example while one of our techs was sitting in his truck in the projects after repairing a security camera. A thug actually walked up to his truck and asked "So if I took one of those cameras to a pawn shop, how much could I get for it?" That takes serious balls. (He lied and said it wouldnt work anywhere else)

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Additional information has surfaced regarding the two THUGS that were killed. Yes, both were Gang-Banger THUGS. Social media showing them brandishing wads of alleged cash and firearms. To hear it from their relatives, they were angels. The older one had two children. This video shows some of the back story of the two THUGS who were killed. During one part of the block party, at least a half-dozen armed Gang-Bangers were hopping up and down holding up their guns up like celebrating ISIS in Syria.

Gerty Mac begins revealing who the two THUGS really were at about 6:15 into the video.
    His video up to that point goes over what most already know. How did a 17 year old on probation have illegal possession of a semi-auto Draco rifle? Other posts from his friends afterward stated proudly he went down "bangin'" (i.e. shooting). The older 22 year old with two rugrats also went armed, brandishing it for photo ops at the block party. He apparently carried some grudges to settle with other Gang-Bangers. For all the many thousands they brandished on social media, their relatives have GoFundMe accounts set up to pay for their funerals. Where's all that cash they had that they were flashing on social media?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Looks like a certain 13-16% ethnic group acting like the worthless miscreants that they are. Underage thugs and gangstas doing their thing right under the nose of the authorities.
    Where are the police while this was happening. :nono:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    It's a multigenerational vicious cycle that's very difficult to get out of. I can't help but not lose sleep at night when thugs phase each other off of this mortal coil. One managed to spawn however, so likely the cycle will continue.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Reactions: JAL

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Where are the police while this was happening.
    ^^^
    The police are their Aunts + Uncles, that just think that the Kids just need to let off a little steam...

From the video, on their social media posts, it seems like their education system MAY?? be lacking too???

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Speaking of Memphis, this was a couple of weeks ago, but one thing really caught my eye:

Memphis Police say around 2 a.m., officers responded to a suspicious vehicle call at Horn Lake Road and Charter Avenue. As they approached the vehicle, a suspect fired shots at the officers, who returned fire.

The vehicle fled and was located in the 400 block of Hewlett Road. One suspect was captured immediately, while another ran from the scene and was found nearby, police said. The vehicle used was reportedly stolen.

Davis said the 18-year-old who was killed Friday had been arrested in March, in a stolen vehicle with an illegal, modified semi-automatic weapon with a Glock switch that upgraded it to fully automatic. He was charged for two stolen vehicles and a programming device used to steal cars.
    Arrested for stolen car and weapon modified to be full automatic, only charged with stolen car, no weapons charge - probably under disability even if the Glock wasn't modified but back out on the street with NO gun charges

Right there's your problem

Top Bottom