• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Years ago, Iran stated if they nuked or found a way to wipe out Israel and in turn their people were entirely desimated it would be worth it.

If 100% of the people of Iran had to die to rid the world of Israel, it would be a Muslim victory. The people of Iran were willing to sacrafice themselves for the defeat of Israel.

We are an ally of Israel, we don't need to worry about electing an Isolationist as President.........Isolationism won't be a Strategic option in our lifetime.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. I could care less who is President when the war comes but God, I miss SAC.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Years ago, Iran stated if they nuked or found a way to wipe out Israel and in turn their people were entirely desimated it would be worth it.

If 100% of the people of Iran had to die to rid the world of Israel, it would be a Muslim victory. The people of Iran were willing to sacrafice themselves for the defeat of Israel.

We are an ally of Israel, we don't need to worry about electing an Isolationist as President.........Isolationism won't be a Strategic option in our lifetime.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. I could care less who is President when the war comes but God, I miss SAC.

"Iran" stated? Who in Iran stated this, specifically? Was there a vote or a poll or something? Sources would help.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    That is why I made the post, I figure some here never heard this threat before. I also noticed it does not float around any more.

Mutually assured destruction does not work with them.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    You're saying that you don't have answers to my questions, so you posted this hoping someone else would? Sorry, just clarifying.
    No I don't make sh** up and could care less if others believe it to be true.

The point is they NEVER say it any more. No one said they stopped believing it, they just don't advertise it any more. It only takes one.

You would think the Kamikaze attack on civillians on 9-11 would be enough of a reminder.

I am also saying I don't think Looking Glass means Jack if SAC is no longer around to drive it. No knock on the Navy.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

The point is they NEVER say it any more. No one said they stopped believing it, they just don't advertise it any more. It only takes one.

You would think the Kamikaze attack on civillians on 9-11 would be enough of a reminder.

I am also saying I don't think Looking Glass means Jack if SAC is no longer around to drive it. No knock on the Navy.

I was just trying to understand your response, it wasn't meant as an attack.

However, in light of benkreb's new information, your OP was misleading at best. You really ought to provide some sources if you're going to claim that "the people" of Iran agree with this. So far it doesn't even look like a large portion of the government agrees with it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

What does Iran have to do with 9/11? There were no Iranians involved in it. Mostly Saudis, who come from a completely different sect of islam. :dunno:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I was just trying to understand your response, it wasn't meant as an attack.

However, in light of benkreb's new information, your OP was misleading at best. You really ought to provide some sources if you're going to claim that "the people" of Iran agree with this. So far it doesn't even look like a large portion of the government agrees with it.

benkreb's info simplified the situation. While Ahmadenijad is not the most powerful man in Iran, he is their worldwide spokesman. It doesn't matter what the Iranian people are willing to do, it does matter what the ruling religious council is willing to do. Some of what was said has to do with a belief that destroying Israel would bring about the return of the Twelfth Imam and the rise of the worldwide Caliphate. In some religious extremists' minds, this would justify the deaths of all believers in Iran, which is where the OP came in.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    benkreb's info simplified the situation. While Ahmadenijad is not the most powerful man in Iran, he is their worldwide spokesman. It doesn't matter what the Iranian people are willing to do, it does matter what the ruling religious council is willing to do. Some of what was said has to do with a belief that destroying Israel would bring about the return of the Twelfth Imam and the rise of the worldwide Caliphate. In some religious extremists' minds, this would justify the deaths of all believers in Iran, which is where the OP came in.

I certainly agree that this is true in the minds of the religious extremists. And it is something we should consider and be prepared for.

Nevertheless, the original post was false and misleading. Much of Iran's government has publicly denounced this idiot. So to make the claim that "Iran" said this is absurd. And it's even more absurd to make the claim that all of the "people" of Iran are also ready to be nuked. And mrjarrell already called him out on the 9/11 nonsense.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I certainly agree that this is true in the minds of the religious extremists. And it is something we should consider and be prepared for.

Nevertheless, the original post was false and misleading. Much of Iran's government has publicly denounced this idiot. So to make the claim that "Iran" said this is absurd. And it's even more absurd to make the claim that all of the "people" of Iran are also ready to be nuked. And mrjarrell already called him out on the 9/11 nonsense.

"Much of Iran's government . . "? And whom would that be? Again, the only ones who matter in the Iranian government are the members of the religious council that owns the military. THEY are the ones who will decide what level of military force gets used. Because they are "behind the scenes" rather than in public view, the only things we can judge them by are the actions we can account for: e.g. we know they are supplying weapons and funding to terror groups around the world; we know they are supplying IEDs and technical support to anti-government forces in Iraq and Afghanistan (we know this because we have caught them at it); we are aware they are sending troops and weapons to Argentina (and we have a good idea where they are going from there).

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    "Much of Iran's government . . "? And whom would that be?

Fair question. Here's a few sources:

In recent days, Ahmadinejad and the men described as his strongest allies – his chief of staff, Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei, and executive deputy, Hamid Baghaei – have come under direct attack from senior figures in the powerful Revolutionary Guards and some of most important clerics in the Islamic regime.
    Ahmadinejad's many enemies across the political and religious spectrum have scented blood after the arrest of at least 25 people close to him and Mashaei. The president's immediate entourage has been reduced to a handful of serious people and has faced accusations of corruption, revolutionary "deviancy" and even espionage.
    Even the president's spiritual mentor, Ayatollah Mesbah Yazdi, who strongly supported him in the 2009 presidential election, is distancing himself.
    Ahmadinejad's enemies scent blood in Iran power struggle | World news | guardian.co.uk

Reformist and conservative lawmakers are considering calling Ahmadinejad before parliament to answer questions about his nuclear diplomacy and economic policies. So far no date has been set for summoning him.
    Iran's Discontent With Ahmadinejad Grows

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Again, the only ones who matter in the Iranian government are the members of the religious council that owns the military. THEY are the ones who will decide what level of military force gets used. Because they are "behind the scenes" rather than in public view, the only things we can judge them by are the actions we can account for: e.g. we know they are supplying weapons and funding to terror groups around the world; we know they are supplying IEDs and technical support to anti-government forces in Iraq and Afghanistan (we know this because we have caught them at it); we are aware they are sending troops and weapons to Argentina (and we have a good idea where they are going from there).

I was not aware of this behind the scenes council that owns the military, but I'd like to read up on it if you can point me in the direction of some info. Thanks.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN

:koolaid: :koolaid:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Even if this is taken as factual on face value, it means diddly. Iran is a master of propaganda just as the rest of the totalitarian governments are. Baghdad Bob anyone? What they say and what they mean might not always coincide. Our mistake will be in relying on their spoken word and not their actions.

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Even if this is taken as factual on face value, it means diddly. Iran is a master of propaganda just as the rest of the totalitarian governments are. Baghdad Bob anyone? What they say and what they mean might not always coincide. Our mistake will be is relying on their spoken word and not their actions.

I really can't argue with any of that.

My point is that the OP was factually incorrect. Majorly. My questioning of him has brought about some far more reasonable discussion and information on the subject.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY

I agree. Iran's actions are dependent upon what the Supreme Islamic Council (admittedly, I am not certain if that is their true and proper name) is or is not willing to do. You know what I'm pretty sure they aren't willing to do to destroy Israel? Die, that's what. They live far too high on the hog lives outside of what they preach to their masses. This is pretty much true of all mass media evangelists. They don't practice what they preach. So even if Iran did develop a nuke and suddenly had a reliable ICBM platform, they still wouldn't haul off and nuke anyone. There are plenty of nuclear armed countries, some of them are even relatively unstable. Yet there aren't random atomic marble tosses going on. Rhetoric, especially rhetoric in the face of overwhelming evidence to the opposite, does not a genuine threat make.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I agree. Iran's actions are dependent upon what the Supreme Islamic Council (admittedly, I am not certain if that is their true and proper name) is or is not willing to do. You know what I'm pretty sure they aren't willing to do to destroy Israel? Die, that's what. They live far too high on the hog lives outside of what they preach to their masses. This is pretty much true of all mass media evangelists. They don't practice what they preach. So even if Iran did develop a nuke and suddenly had a reliable ICBM platform, they still wouldn't haul off and nuke anyone. There are plenty of nuclear armed countries, some of them are even relatively unstable. Yet there aren't random atomic marble tosses going on. Rhetoric, especially rhetoric in the face of overwhelming evidence to the opposite, does not a genuine threat make.

I wouldn't say that was an absolute guarantee. I agree that for the here and now as current geopolitical world relations stand, we have little to fear. But if the relations between nations deteriorate further, if the reputation of the U.N. as a legitimate governing body is eroded significantly (i.e. if the Russians and Chinese continue their current power play struggles within the framework of the U.N. Security Council via the power of the their veto votes), if it looks to any of the have-nots like the pickings of the haves are ripe for the taking with less cost than benefit reaped, I think that may change.

Granted, that's a lot of ifs. But I think Iran wants to do a lot of things it finds imprudent to do right now. That's true for a lot of countries. It's been 60+ years since the last world-wide shake-up. I think it's only a matter of time and circumstance before the imprudent become the "never let a good catastrophe go to waste."

Top Bottom