• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jzim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Valpo
    Everytime I've been pulled I've while carrying officer only asked I kept my hands on the steering wheel since there was a firearm in the car. Seems like a reasonable request...

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Since LEO’s can lie to you, if you ask them if you are being detained and they say yes, can you assume they are lying and simply leave. :dunno: (That is probably a terrible idea, but…).
    I hate this whole thing about LEO’s being able to lie to people. I thought they were supposed to serve and protect. How does lying to people serve that purpose? It just doesn’t sit well with me. OK, I’m stepping down off my soapbox now.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Since LEO’s can lie to you, if you ask them if you are being detained and they say yes, can you assume they are lying and simply leave. :dunno: (That is probably a terrible idea, but…).
    I hate this whole thing about LEO’s being able to lie to people. I thought they were supposed to serve and protect. How does lying to people serve that purpose? It just doesn’t sit well with me. OK, I’m stepping down off my soapbox now.

I hate being lied to by non-LEOs. But if everyone was honest I would probably (gladly) be out of a job.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I hate being lied to by non-LEOs. But if everyone was honest I would probably (gladly) be out of a job.
    So, you're proposing other's lack of integrity is somehow justification for those who took on a position of authority and representing higher ethical standards to..NOT uphold those expectations?!?:n00b:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So, you're proposing other's lack of integrity is somehow justification for those who took on a position of authority and representing higher ethical standards to..NOT uphold those expectations?!?:n00b:

No, not justifying anything. Just stating an opinion in response to the one posted.

But you don't hate being lied to by LEOs?

Actually I do hate being lied to by other LEOs. But it doesn't happen very often (to me).

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012

I think you are dead-on the1kidd03.:rockwoot: How is it at all a good idea for those who are supposed to be held to a higher ethical standard allowed to lie to the sheep? Does the Air Force think it is a good idea for their officers to lie to the enlisted ranks. No, they actually ARE held to a higher standard and they take it seriously.

Even if the law allowed it I wouldn't lie to a LEO...common courtesy. I would hope to receive that same courtesy in return. Is that too much to ask?:dunno:

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    This thread is informative, empowering and has put my mind much more at ease. Big thanks to the OP and all others who have contributed. This thread is worth its weight in gold. :yesway:

:ingo:

Eskion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Really good post. A lot of good information in here and I completely agree with never waive a right. When taking a criminal law and procedure course in college, my instructor (who is a lawyer and carries a gun) said the exact same thing.

hoosiersasquatch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Great posting, very good info, and I appreciate the link to the trifold. I am shocked that Leos are allowed to lie to entrap and entice. That is very good info to know. I have always thought I have nothing to hide so no harm in being open and transparent. this has given me a lot to think about

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Great post! Great info! Have to stop my head from spinning now...
    Thanks.

You are welcome here are some more useful links.

INGunOwners - Useful Links

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes &
    No Gun Sign = No Business from me (biz card)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_...ml#post1987889

Self-Defense/Carry Insurance Options
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_...ml#post2130921

IN ATTYs that handle Self-Defense Cases
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_...ml#post2483946

Top Bottom