• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    That was the most BS move I've ever seen in pro football. To paraphrase General Patton "Only a New Orleans pimp would pull an onside kick to start the 2nd half of the Super Bowl".

Please don't get me wrong, I am a Chicago Bears fan through and through, and while I was rooting for the Colts, I still feel that was the lowest rent move I've ever seen.

I can only hope the NFL will outlaw onside kicks on the start of the game and the start of the 2nd half. That was the lowest form of bush league I've ever seen!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yep...it was a great call and it worked as intended.

I'm a huge Colts fan, and say Kudos to Sean Payton for the call. It takes guts to win the superbowl, especially when you are the underdog.

Sure it is controversial, but it is 100% legal, and that is why they pay NFL coaches a bunch of money, because they make tough decisions like that.

If it hadn't have worked, the Colts would have the ball in great field position to start the half, and who knows, may have scored early and put the Saints away.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    It was a ballsy call, and probably the one that swung the momentum and won the Saints the game. They shot out of halftime like a 240 grain HP from a .44 magnum. Had they not done that, the Colts could have been up 17-6. And Had I not made the pistol reference, this thread might have been moved off of the General Firearms Discussion board! (and it will still probably end up in the break room, but I tried)

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I don't even care a whit about any football and even I noticed the lop sided media coverage.

With all the media and all of Hollywood pulling on them to "lift the spirits of their battered city". Does that mean they will all now suddenly jump up off their duffs in the morning, 5 years later, and start cleaning up that below grade crap hole?

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    an onside kick is a legitimate football play. it is no more underhanded than a double-reverse. to say it is BS, is like saying that ghost-loading a 7th (or 9th) round in a Benelli m4 is cheating.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    That was a gutsy call.

I'm not sure why folks here are all upset about it.

It's not bush league... it's taking a calculated risk.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The whole team collapsed. I don't understand why fans of a team want to focus on one single call, player, or play.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    That's football.. doesn't say anywhere in the rule book they couldn't.. so they did.

And yes.. I am a Colts fan.. and yes.. that was "amazing" they did that!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Does that mean they will all now suddenly jump up off their duffs in the morning, 5 years later, and start cleaning up that below grade crap hole?
    :+1: They should have blown the remaining levies 5 years ago and let the ocean reclaim it.

Who the hell would live in a city below sea level in hurricane alley? :n00b:

Oh...and I have no problem with the on-side kick. It's no different than Manning running a hurried play catching an opponent with too many people on the field. Smart game plan. :yesway:

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    It was convenient that the entire Saints bench was on that side to pull the Colts off the ball. We did cover that ball until it turned into a rugby match. Yes, I'm very bitter about the outcome of the came.

Yes, Saints deserved the win. Yes, the Saints were a better team last night.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OP and those that can't handle losing a GAME make me glad I don't invest much interest in the sport anylonger.

Hockey fans have more integrity.

Top Bottom