• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Defund public education. 2 birds with 1 stone.

It is not perfect but no perfect solution exists. What will happen is that the free market will select the best solution through natural selection. Who knows if it is hiring a security guard or arming the teachers or a comination of the two. What we know already does not work is the authoritative top down approach.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    can_of_worms_ahead.jpg

You are my hero.

Praetorian13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Northern, Indiana
    It would be very interesting to see the implementation of giving teachers the option to take a 40 hour basic firearm training course and see that when they pass they get the option to carry or have a gun stored in their rooms. And having to keep up on training to maintain the option to carry while at school. This would be a long shot, but interesting to see.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Poptab the teacher's union who call for your head on a silver platter.
    How dare you attempt to take their jobs.
    Children be d....!

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Poptab the teacher's union who call for your head on a silver platter.
    How dare you attempt to take their jobs.
    Children be d....!
    If it was up to the milkman union we wouldnt have refrigerators.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If it was up to the milkman union we wouldnt have refrigerators.

True but unlike the milkman's union you also have to fight another 'culture shift' and that one being personal responsibility. The vast majority of parents are more than happy tp get rid of their kids to the school system for those 6-8 hours per day. Now you are asking them to hold on to their little angels and teach them. Oooohhhhhh heck no! ;)

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    True but unlike the milkman's union you also have to fight another 'culture shift' and that one being personal responsibility. The vast majority of parents are more than happy tp get rid of their kids to the school system for those 6-8 hours per day. Now you are asking them to hold on to their little angels and teach them. Oooohhhhhh heck no! ;)
    Isnt that what boarding school is for?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Public school isnt free.

To the :sheep: public school is free.
    They don't realize that it's funded with property tax funds but then again as long as there are no "in your face" cost then it's free. :)

The trick is to charge them without them really knowing it which is how public schools do it. The entire system is one big rigged game.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    When I receive my property tax bill it is pretty 'in your face' especially since I have no children and even if I did I wouldnt be sending them to public sewer I mean school.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When I receive my property tax bill it is pretty 'in your face' especially since I have no children and even if I did I wouldnt be sending them to public sewer I mean school.

But most :sheep: don't get a bill. They pay rent. In additon those that have a house (ie. mortage) the vast majority the bank (lender) pays the property tax for them twice a year so again they don't see it. In fact the sole time they do see it is when they do their taxes and then they are happy to see the number since it's a deduction on their taxes.

You are in the small minority that do understand it but alas the vast majority do not.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The problem with the OP's suggestion, at least for Indiana, is that in Indiana the state is mandated to provide education in the state Constitution (Article 8). So, defunding public education entirely would require a constitutional change. Not going to happen.

However, we could transition to a voucher + private school system while still meeting the Constitutional requirements I think. This would be far more efficient and result in better education and more educational freedom in the long run. Let the private schools take care of security however they want, including with firearms.

I've never liked the state presuming to regulate guns in private schools anyway. If they want to regulate them in their own state schools fine, but the private school thing never made any sense to me when it's a free choice what private school one attends.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    The revenue for funding the schools appear to be lined out here in the state constitution.

Section 2. The Common School fund shall consist of the Congressional Township fund, and the lands belonging thereto;

The Surplus Revenue fund; The Saline fund and the lands belonging thereto; The Bank Tax fund, and the fund arising from the one hundred and fourteenth section of the charter of the State Bank of Indiana; The fund to be derived from the sale of County Seminaries, and the moneys and property heretofore held for such Seminaries; from the fines assessed for breaches of the penal laws of the State; and from all forfeitures which may accrue; All lands and other estate which shall escheat to the State, for want of heirs or kindred entitled to the inheritance; All lands that have been, or may hereafter be, granted to the State, where no special purpose is expressed in the grant, and the proceeds of the sales thereof; including the proceeds of the sales of the Swamp Lands, granted to the State of Indiana by the act of Congress of the twenty eighth of September, eighteen hundred and fifty, after deducting the expense of selecting and draining the same; Taxes on the property of corporations, that may be assessed by the General Assembly for common school purposes.

It was not the intent to place the bourdon on the homeowners through the "at will" taxation of private property. (I do not even see that they have that power listed here to start with which makes the whole school revenue system unconstitutional.)

This system is all homeowners paying for the schooling with the added curruption of politicians involved through the tax system. You may as well pay for your own childs school, which IMO would be better.
    Instead we have a communist (not communal)system of all paying with the threat of loosing your property if you do not join in the commune.

Its alot like paying the mob for "protection".

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    The revenue for funding the schools appear to be lined out here in the state constitution.

Section 2. The Common School fund shall consist of the Congressional Township fund, and the lands belonging thereto;

The Surplus Revenue fund; The Saline fund and the lands belonging thereto; The Bank Tax fund, and the fund arising from the one hundred and fourteenth section of the charter of the State Bank of Indiana; The fund to be derived from the sale of County Seminaries, and the moneys and property heretofore held for such Seminaries; from the fines assessed for breaches of the penal laws of the State; and from all forfeitures which may accrue; All lands and other estate which shall escheat to the State, for want of heirs or kindred entitled to the inheritance; All lands that have been, or may hereafter be, granted to the State, where no special purpose is expressed in the grant, and the proceeds of the sales thereof; including the proceeds of the sales of the Swamp Lands, granted to the State of Indiana by the act of Congress of the twenty eighth of September, eighteen hundred and fifty, after deducting the expense of selecting and draining the same; Taxes on the property of corporations, that may be assessed by the General Assembly for common school purposes.

It was not the intent to place the bourdon on the homeowners through the "at will" taxation of private property. (I do not even see that they have that power listed here to start with which makes the whole school revenue system unconstitutional.)

This system is all homeowners paying for the schooling with the added curruption of politicians involved through the tax system. You may as well pay for your own childs school, which IMO would be better.
    Instead we have a communist (not communal)system of all paying with the threat of loosing your property if you do not join in the commune.

Its alot like paying the mob for "protection".
    heaven forbid people pay for their own ****.

Top Bottom