• ...and so much more!
  • 7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Darn, I forgot half the names again, but this is generally to everyone who was so helpful and concerned about our daughters safety! I know y"all meant well, and it was my fault for not posting all the details, but as Bill keeps warning me, "once it's on the Net, it's everywhere", so I had to be a bit sparing on how much I could say.

As I mentioned, I'm disabled, but I surprised myself how fast I could move when the need arose. We went apartment hunting almost the very next day, and after previewing a few of them, finally settled on one that she thought was perfect. It's a small apt, WITHOUT roommates, just right for her and Benji, and she can have a guest or 2, but more just won't fit.

She finally got 90% of her stuff moved in tonight, having had to wait till the 15th before it was ready to be leased out. In the meantime, we moved her, lock, stock and doggy in with us. That was a challenge! Altho the 2 bigger dogs in question were raised together, once she moved Benji out, Bills took over as "ruler of the house", and altho he accepts our little Rat Terrier, no other dog is welcome. So we had baby gates galore, rooms fenced off, and had to play "musical rooms" to let them in and out without ending up with a huge dog fight on our hands. Benji is terrified of Bills dog, so at least he wasn't the aggressor. Our "boys" slept in our room, and Benji had the run of the living room with her during the nite.

This worked out quite well. I did have to climb over several fences, and with an artificial hip, that was quite a feat on my part. But....you do what works, yknow? She works at one of the local eateries, so works all sorts of weird shifts, which with Bill at work, left me to manage all 3 dogs. But so far so good, and all we get at this point are a few growls from time to time.

She's been living with us, since the incident with the gun, and if/when she's had to go over to get some of her stuff, Bill goes with her as her "bodyguard". The roomie now fancies us as her parents (gaaaa, will it never end???) and now tries to give our last name as her own. NNNOOO!!! Not allowed! She still needs to pick up a love seat, and we're getting her a few things from Walmart, and then I think she'll be all set and moved in. It was a bit un-nerving last night when she and Bill were over there with a load of stuff and some guy showed up and started asking to many personal questions. He asked if she lived alone, and she said "no, I live with my Pit Bull", so he backed off. We ran into him today and he told her she should get a gun, and I asked "why, both her parents have one"! A small fudge on my part, but we're working on that as I type. He totally took off after that answer, but WHY are there wackos everywhere you go??? WHY???

She loves her new place, and it has quite a few perks that go with it, and it's in a MUCH better neighborhood, all the way across town from the last one. and NONE of her old friends have the new address. We were lucky & blessed on this one, I had the funds available to totally pick up the cost of the move in, the new stuff, groceries, kitchen stuff, etc., which she'd had the 1st time she moved out but.....yea, you guess it, her other roomies had stolen/misplaced/broken/misused/etc., most of it, so we did what we women love to do, we went shopping! LOL She's spending her first night there tonight, complete with an old friend (an approved of one this time) and Benji is spending his last night with us. I'm going to miss the little furball, he's great to cuddle up to when Bills not home. But all is well, we accomplished all this in just under a week, and I'm totally worn out and ready for a vacation on a desert island somewhere for the next 6 month! Bill included of course. Or a cruise....hmmmm! All is well, and all are safe, and now I have the time to use all the advice and law quotes I collected here to see that the Psycho never touches a gun again! :rockwoot:
    Thank you to everyone for all your help and advice, without everyone here to turn to, I'd have worried myself into a nervous breakdown! So hopefully ends the saga of the Psycho Roomie from Mars! Her dog is still tearing things up, but as I said before, that's no longer our problem, and now not our daughters! She's safe, in a better neighborhood, in a better living environment, has learned who to, and NOT to trust, and altho a bit the worse for wear, a little bit wiser now too. Even at 23, THEY CAN BE TAUGHT! LOL And to the gentleman that Bill posted the "Rules to Date My Daughter', yes, she's a youngin too, gorgeous, and at the moment (I think) still single. Be prepared to have a complete background check run on you tho, this time we're not taking any chances! :draw: Sooooo, THANK YOU EVERYONE! I knew I could count on the level headed people who post here to provide workable solutions!
    May the light at the end of your tunnel, be always one of hope! Hugs! Bobbie (aka 7th Stepper)

Last edited:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    How on earth did I miss your original thread? I think I'm almost caught up now, though, and I'm glad to hear your daughter is in a new place. It's certainly sad that this even had to happen, but there's no way she could have stayed there. Hope she enjoys her new bachelorette pad.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    How on earth did I miss your original thread? I think I'm almost caught up now, though, and I'm glad to hear your daughter is in a new place. It's certainly sad that this even had to happen, but there's no way she could have stayed there. Hope she enjoys her new bachelorette pad.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Glad it all worked out

Bob

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Glad it all worked out and she was able to keep the dog. On the future potential son in law situation I have been told that a blood sample works best:):. And if he fails you would be surprised what you can do with a wood chipper and a bag of lie. I keed or am I:D. I am only 26 but my wife and I are already talking about kids and this is the number one reason I want boys. I can teach girls to shoot and rebuild engines, But I as a self described caveman would be WAY to protective of daughters.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Glad it all worked out and she was able to keep the dog. On the future potential son in law situation I have been told that a blood sample works best:):. And if he fails you would be surprised what you can do with a wood chipper and a bag of lie. I keed or am I:D. I am only 26 but my wife and I are already talking about kids and this is the number one reason I want boys. I can teach girls to shoot and rebuild engines, But I as a self described caveman would be WAY to protective of daughters.

Hi WestSide, ummm, there's another reason that you want to have boys, and speaking as a parent, experience is the best and most reliable teacher.

With boys, you only have one to worry about......with girls, it's unfathomable!

So clean your gun, and learn the words to the song BOR so dearly loves, "Cleaning this Gun", by Rodney Atkins! Trust me, it'll scare the bejesus outta them! Which is always a good start!

We've been at this for several years now, and BOR and I both have gray hair. We earned every last one of them, SHE gave them to us with what she's brought home as "potentials"! Thank God you don't need a License for a Shotgun! Good luck, and God be with you! With girls, you're gonna need it! Hugs! Parenting CAN be fun! Bobbie (7th Stepper)

Last edited:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Glad it all worked out

Bob
    Bob, may God and His Angels bless and keep you safe! With this as your 3rd tour, you are truly an American Hero! And in our hearts, you will always be a welcome member of this household. We Thank and Salute you for the Service you have, and continue to give to this great Nation of ours. With men like you, our quest for freedom will never fail! All our love! Bobbie, Lori & Bill
    May the Light at the end of your tunnel, be a beacon of your Home Shore!
    To quote my well loved husband, Blessings to you our friend!

Last edited by a moderator:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    How on earth did I miss your original thread? I think I'm almost caught up now, though, and I'm glad to hear your daughter is in a new place. It's certainly sad that this even had to happen, but there's no way she could have stayed there. Hope she enjoys her new bachlorette pad.

Dunno hun! It was a long one, and a long road to hoe! And she no sooner officially moved in, spent her first 2 nights there (without incident) and this awful heat wave set in!

We're in the upper 90's, with heat indicies of 110 to 115. so.....now what happens? Her air conditioner poops out and she's back at our house again, Benji and all! So, up went the gates, and here we go with the "musical dogs" thing again. (thank God for fenced back yards!). I love having her here, altho she's sick as a dog right now, the humidity is killing her asthma, (mine too, as well as heat induced migraines), but at least our central air is working just fine. (Knock on Wood!) I had a grand total of about 6 hours of not having to climb over fences to get from room to room, when back up they all went. It seems that my butt hits the floor more often than my feet do!

She did her laundry this morning, after having to medicate me for the migraine I woke up with, and actually went to work, cuz she couldn't get anyone to cover her shift for her. By the time she got there, she was soaked clean thru with sweat, both from the heat, and the fever she's running, so they sent her right back home again.

Think about it, would you want to walk into an eatery and have your server come over to take your order, while trying to cough up a lung?? That place makes no sense to me! If that happened to us, we'd get up and boogy outta there in a heartbeat! So we have a live-in, with pup again, but I'd be a liar if I said it made me unhappy. I love having her here, she's great company!

On a happier note, all her neighbors (at least the ones she's met) LOVE Benji, and can't believe how well mannered and friendly he is. This is a GOOD thing, and once it cools down (PLEASE, someone, pay the ele bill for outside so this weather goes elsewhere! It's supposed to be an actual temp of 100, day after tomorrow, not including the heat index!)

We finally made it down to the local PD headquarters to have my ele fingerprints scanned, then over to the Sheriffs office to pay my fees for a Lifetime Carry License! YEA! After much searching, we finally settled on a Walther PK.380 for me, and I LOVE it! It's small enough for my hand, but packs enough firepower to stop an intruder, determined to get in. And I'll be able to carry it like Bill does.

Please don't anyone take this the wrong way, but I feel like it's Christmas and I have a brand new present!! Now all we have to do is wait for the license to come in the mail, and in the meantime, take it to the range so I can get used to it, and vice versa. I haven't fired it yet (to much other s*** going on), but that will be rectified tootsweet! I am EXCITED!

Oh, and at the Sheriffs office, I handed them a stack of Appleseed flyers, and Gloria (she handles that end of the business) is going to put them out in the officers break room for them to have a "look-see" at. We may have several more shooters before to long! Just doin my duty as a 7th Stepper, every chance I get! LOL Bill got his license thru her as well, so she knows who we are, and said she'd move things thru as fast as she could. My app and accompanying letter to the ISP got faxed to them as we stood there and chatted with her for a bit. We told her all about Appleseed, and once I said that he was an instructor there, and my own personal instructor, as well as signing up for classes at Applied Ballistics she seemed more than happy to help us. Now all we have to do is wait for the letter in the mail, with my little pink piece of paper in it! I'M SO HAPPY & EXCITED!!!

I've learned the basic rules, paid close attention to everything that Bill has said and done to teach me, and have surprised myself at how fast I'm learning the ins and outs of Responsible Gun Ownership! Besides my animals, and our daughter, this is the most excited I've been in years! I want it....NOW! NOW! NOW! :) I hope to see you at an Appleseed soon, weather permitting I'll be at several before the year is out. While I'm not allowed by my Dr. to handle a rifle (they're to heavy and hard on my back) I do learn a lot about our American Heritage, tips on safety, and just the general fun of taking part in a project such as this! And last but not least.....I miss you! Hugs to you my friend! Bobbie 7th Stepper - Steppin out all over the place! :rockwoot:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom